LegacyGT.com

Custom Badging and De-Badging

firepyro515

Painted my front emblem dark burgundy red yesterday, nice excuse to get outside, relax, and down some coronas :) It really only takes a few very relaxing hours. If you don't have double sided 3M tape try RTV silicone, it seems to hold pretty well.

...and don't try painting it pink unless ur a chick, believe me, i tried. :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does it hold up to car washing ,etc? Any issues?

I've had it on over a year in the front and back, no problems or bubbles yet. I just followed all the directions when applying it. Didn't do anything else special.

Go Cardinals!

do the Legacy05-07 subaru badge overlays on GrafxWerks.com also fit the badges for an 05-07 Outback? Are the badges the exact same on the Legacy and Outback? **edit** any color recommendations for a champagne colored Outback?

Has anyone painted their badges on an 05 outback? I was thinking about doing it but everytime i see a walkthrough for one, i see that the badges all come apart differently. Hmm.

I didn't understand the color selections at GrafxWerks.com myself. They have a background color, plus 100 different colors for the outline? I didn't understand why someone would want to make it that complicated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you all,

I have removed the badges on my car, and wondering is there an easy way to fill those holes without putting a new badge.... it looks soo clean without anything there, but i need something to fill those holes. if not, where can i purchase badges?

Define hole... well. Yes the only holes are the 2 holes behind where the subaru badge was. I would like to have them filled and smoothed out, but body work gets expensive. I might just have to put the badge back on... boo. I have contacted the user who sells different badges, is there anywhere else to purchase them, website, ebay, etc? Thanks for the help

• 2 years later...

It ends up very pink? haha

Painted my front emblem dark burgundy red yesterday, nice excuse to get outside, relax, and down some coronas :) It really only takes a few very relaxing hours. If you don't have double sided 3M tape try RTV silicone, it seems to hold pretty well.

...and don't try painting it pink unless ur a chick, believe me, i tried. :lol:

• 2 months later...
My car got debadged by a bunch of kids looking for Subaru emblems (without my notice).. (I didn't think they were so valuable) so the hardest part has been done for me, now I just need to remove the 2-sided tape, I will try the dental floss/fishing line then use some rubbing alcohol to clean it off, wish me luck. Where can I get a new trunk badge?

Archived