LegacyGT.com

green connector under the glovebox?

gary_gnu

After reading the thread about people having a clogged/leaking drain tube behind the radio/glovebox area, I was feeling the behind the carpet in that area and found a green connector that was disconnected. One side has a red wire, the other side is blue/black. Anyone know what the purpose of this connector is? Should I reconnect it or just leave it? I bought this car used last month, so I don't know it's history on stuff like that.

1209970893_DSC01131(Small).JPG.810113064704ba42b37518aeee0a7c63.JPG

After reading the thread about people having a clogged/leaking drain tube behind the radio/glovebox area, I was feeling the behind the carpet in that area and found a green connector that was disconnected. One side has a red wire, the other side is blue/black. Anyone know what the purpose of this connector is? Should I reconnect it or just leave it? I bought this car used last month, so I don't know it's history on stuff like that.

They are supposed to be unplugged.

You only connect these to do diagnostics or changing base maps with an Access port.

check out this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5888

and most importantly, this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Those are the test wires brother, not supposed to be connected while your driving. I was an idiot last week and uninstalled my AP from my car but left those connected. Start my car and my check engine light is flashing, never had that happen before, took a drive around the block before i realized I never disconnected my AP after the uninstall. Oops.

Archived