LegacyGT.com

Clutch slipping - NO - Rear axle popped out!!!!!!!!

LittleBlueGT

Driving home from work and I get on it just a bit, seems like my clutch is slipping. Crap! I baby it all the way home.

I should go to sleep cause I work at 5:30 the next mourning, but my brain is working. It seemed to slip soo easily. How could it have gone that quickly? Just looked at it when the engine was out and it looked great.

Then I think maybe I had a rear main leak and it is full of oil. Run to garage and check oil, all is well.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Look under car and notice that the rear axle is out of the diff by about 1/2 inch. Not leaking, but loose enough to not catch.

It took a fair bit of leverage to pop back in. Now all is well.:)

I guess our diffs can hold pretty good if you can drive around with one wheel not hooked up.

I hope no damage resulted, I think I will change the diff fluid soon just to be sure.

any idea on how it might have come out? kind of has me puzzled. i know it doesnt take much to pop them out but it would be more worried what made it come out. fluid should be fine however.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

any idea on how it might have come out? kind of has me puzzled. i know it doesnt take much to pop them out but it would be more worried what made it come out. fluid should be fine however.

Probably my fault.

I popped them out a couple of weeks ago to see if I get get the crappy OEM bushings out, the ones that go up high on the diff.

I thought I popped them back in all the way, I don't think I did.:redface:

I was worried about any metal from the diff spinning faster then the axle and grinding slightly on the splines.

Archived