LegacyGT.com

anything we can be excited about??

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hmm- how about an aftermarket exhaust or maybe headers? It's the same size engine and will sound just as sweet when uncorked. BTW, if you haven't heard the boxer burble, definitely think about pulling the mufflers for a few minutes to hear it. I'll bet there are some intake options you would have that be detrimental to the turbo model- and don't you have 2 engine air filterS? Remove one. Until an engine management solution comes along, I think your best bet is to make the intake and exhaust sides of the engine more efficient.

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I found some more toys for you [/font][font=Wingdings][font=Wingdings]J[/font][/font][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size] [size=3][font=Times New Roman][/font][/size] [url="https://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=94&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP"][u][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#0000ff]https://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=94&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP[/color][/size][/font][/u][/url][font=Times New Roman][size=3]=[/size][/font] [font='Times New Roman'][url="https://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=99&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP"][u][color=#0000ff]https://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=99&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP[/color][/u][/url]=[/font]

[quote name='rclark0032'][font=Times New Roman][size=3]The Perrin light weight pulley is a nice little bolt on. [/size][/font] [font='Times New Roman']PS: Do me a favor and go to steak and hoagie factory and order one for me! :D [/font][/QUOTE] steak and hoagie? ahh but Pat's or Geno's is where its at... lol (world famous cheese stake places that are right across the street from eachother)

I'm almost certainly going to do an intake and FULL exhaust (header, hiflo cat, catback)...

But I don't like the idea of the prices for the systems that are available now... they're rediculous...

I'll Probobly just buy the borla header a universal hi-flo and magnaflow resonators/mufflers...

I'm also thinking of reducing it to single exhaust.

The STI filter should be available for our cars pretty soon... I'd bet that K&N already has theres ready...

Other than that if you want a serious increase in power your only chance is to turbo or nitros in which case you'd be better off researching parts for our engine in the older generation cars.

That turbo kit linked looks great but it's expensive as hell.

• 2 weeks later...
thats actually not bad price for a turbo kit considering how much it is for a turbo kit for the other car(350z) most start ~5k and up because theres lots of stuff to buy with them...that turbo kit looks mighty nice to mee seing as how it comes with the ECM management and stuff

You guys will be able to share most parts less the power components, hence, why many of us got the GT's. ;) I haven't had the priviledge to be in a N/A car with 'the goods' so I can't tell you how much better it feels to have headers+high-flow cat+cat-back+intake. If you want to keep the boxer-rumble, Borla headers will work, otherwise a TWE or Cobb 4-1 header will do the job, but I sure don't mind the sound they make despite losing the infamous boxer rumble, I think it sounds very smooth and is making slightly better power throughout the power band. The TWE will fit to any cat pipe, wheras the Cobb unit replaces that with a proprietary fitting.

The RS reflash may pertain to the Legacy N/A ecu as well although not making the difference in power like the turbo models, it should help smooth things out and add a slight bit more. Between intake, full exhaust, and ECU reflash (all bolt-ons), you should probably be able to walk away for about $2,500 or less depending on vendors. I'll agree, that's not cheap, but are there much for alternatives besides boosting a 10.0:1 CR engine? Responsive, but safety and durability seriously become questions.

I guess I could ask the question, why wouldn't you just get a GT then if you wanted to do a swap, afterall, you'd need a beefier drivetrain, new block or run very low psi because of the high CR, turbo gear, engine wiring, forced induction components, larger brakes for safety, so much stuff that costs SO much. I know one might want a unique vehicle, but you're going to spend a LOT of money just to get that. Maybe I just don't understand why you wouldn't start with something more capable off the bat.

steak and hoagie? ahh but Pat's or Geno's is where its at... lol (world famous cheese stake places that are right across the street from eachother)

Nah...the best cheese steak in south Philly is at Tony Luke's on Oregon ave.

Archived