LegacyGT.com

Canada: Subaru Price Commitment

Claw

MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 3 /CNW/ - Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today announced the Subaru Price Commitment - providing peace of mind for consumers purchasing all 2008 Subaru vehicles in the month of December. With the ever changing incentives in the market, SCI wants consumers to know that there has never been a better time to purchase a new Subaru from an authorized Subaru Canada dealer. In fact, they are so confident in their current offers that Subaru Canada will protect the transaction value on all purchases in the month of December, 2007 until March 1st, 2008.

In addition to the offer, which is effective immediately, SCI is offering leasing and financing from 0.5 percent for 24 months On Approved Credit (OAC) along with stackable cash credits of up to $2,000. For consumers who choose not to use the Subaru supported lease or finance programs, a cash credit of up to $8,000 is available from Subaru dealers.

"This is our way of passing the advantage of a strong Canadian dollar along to our customers," said Katsuhiro Yokoyama, president and CEO of SCI. "In fact, we're going even further with this commitment. If we are able to offer a national program between now and March 1st which is better than the current December program, Subaru will write a cheque for the difference to anyone who purchases a Subaru in December."

The program is timed to coincide with the arrival of winter across Canada, and drivers' concerns about cold-weather driving safety. Every Subaru comes equipped with the proven active safety of Subaru's symmetrical full-time All-Wheel Drive System, and the full lineup has received top marks for occupant protection from independent agencies such as the International Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety

Administration (NHSTA).

To learn more about the complete lineup of 2008 Subaru vehicles, including complete specifications and pricing for Impreza, Legacy, Outback, Forester and Tribeca, please go to http://www.subaru.ca.

Also from Nastycocks:

A Subaru Canada insider just let me know of their December sales program to compete with US pricing. The majority of Subaru's coming from the States are the Legacy, Outback and Tribecas, and these are the ones they have focused on.

For cash paying customers (ie not financing through Subaru Canada) they are offering:

Legacy:

* 2.5i Sedan and Wagons $4,000.00 cash!!

* Touring Sedan and Wagons: $4,500.00 cash!!

* Limited Sedans: $7,000.00 cash!!

* GT Limited Sedan and Wagons: $8,000.00 cash!!

* Spec B Sedans: $7,000.00 cash!!

Outback:

* 2.5i Models: $4,000.00 cash!!

* Touring Models: $4,500.00 cash!!

* Limited Models: $7,000.00 cash!!

* 3.0R Models: $8,000.00 cash!!

* 3.0R Premium: $8,000.00 cash!!

* 2.5XT Turbo: $8,000.00 cash!!

Tribecas:

* 5 Passenger: $7,000.00

* 5 Pass LTD: $7,000.00

* 7 Passenger Navi/DVD: $8,000.00

So this plus the fact that Canadian Dealers have close to 10% of MSRP in negotiating room make these a fantastic deal.

Example: Take a Spec-B at $44,995.00, subtract Subaru Canada's $7,000.00 plus I'm sure that any Canadian dealer would give you and additional $3,000.00 off! (they have over $4,000.00 profit in them according to CarCost Canada)! Puts it right at WRX Pricing!!

Bummer on the cash deals only part, but I guess I can get a loan from the bank and pay the bank's loan rate as well...

Cars have always been cheaper then they appear in Canada (at least for us Canadians who consider buying south).

At the end of every model year one can get close to 0% financing for up to 5 years. That saves a lot in interest. Buying in the states means you cannot take advantage of those rates.

0% vs 6% over 5 years adds up to close to $6,000.

I think prices will drop in the coming months, and you will be able to get good financing. Add it up and it will be more then $7,000 savings (plus whatever you can haggle out of the dealer).

The only reason SCI put out that info was to encourage sales for right now.

Does this mean that all Subarus in Canada have now greatly depreciated in value? What happens to the people that want to sell their used Subaru on the market that have to take a huge hit for the price adjustments.

I'm sure that a lot of recent buyers will be extremely pissed off.

Incidentally, Subaru Canada has stated that they will not accept a US model for trade-in's. I guess that's one way they're trying to get back at people like me who bought their LGT's in the US. :lol:

My company/industry has been gouching the Canadian consumer for ever we just went to one price list for US and Canada because everyone was crossing the border to buy. If more companies don't quickly than border town Canadian retailers are going to be hurting quickly...

My counterpart in Toronto said he and his wife went to Buffalo for a game and shopping and it took them 3 hours to get thru the border...that in itself tells you what is going on with retail up there.

The strong Canadian dollar is good for Canada but it is going to hurt their retailers if manufactuers don't respond quickly. Its good to see Subaru is reacting...

On top of that, SoA is "discouraging" US dealer to sell cars to Canadians. Staring Jan 3rd, 2008, all vehicle sold to non-US resident will not be entitled to incentives and rebates from manufacturers, and it will NOT count towards the salesperson's annual number....

Looks like that cross border shopping is really hurting the sales in Canada, but hey.....the overall sale in North America probably went up.....

Archived