LegacyGT.com

Tire pressure warning light staying on on 07 LGT Wagon

I have this Low Tire Pressure warning light issue with my 2007 Legacy GT Wagon. It keeps coming on, and never goes away, even when all tire pressure are good.

The first time it happened, probably about 3 months ago, I took the car to the dealer and they checked all the tires, and determined that there were no leaks anywhere, just low tire pressure. After they pumped just a bit of air in, the Low Tire Pressure warning light does away. The dealer told me that the sensor is very sensitive, and one of my tires was just a bit below, and that was the reason the warning light came on.

The light came back on about a months ago, and coincidentally, on a cool morning. I checked the tire pressure and everything is normal. So, I decide that I would ignore it and drive the car anyway. In the afternoon, after I have driven around, also, the weather warmed up, the light went off. The light has been doing that since that day. On when starting the car in the morning, goes off during mid day when either I have driven it for a while or the weather warms up.

I have regularly checked my tire pressure for all 4 tires, and they have all been good and pretty close to the recommended PSIs for front and back. It seems to me that the tire pressure sensor is either too "sensitive" or set to monitor at the wrong pressure level. I am pretty certain my tires are good. I hate to pump in more air into the tires beyond the recommended PSIs just to make the light go away.

I am wondering if anyone here has the same problem. I've talked to the Subaru dealer here, but the dealer here told me that there isn't much they can do. Is that the answer I have to accept?

Ok so 32/34?

On my mom Tribeca it came on recently. The pressure was around 31 in the cold.

I pumped them up to 34F/36R for the cold weather and it went away and has not come back.

X

---

what PSI are they at?

i though i had a faulty TPMS sensor or something, but then i overinflated them by a few pounds over the manual's recommendations and the light hasn't come on since.

Ok so 32/34?

On my mom Tribeca it came on recently. The pressure was around 31 in the cold.

I pumped them up to 34F/36R for the cold weather and it went away and has not come back.

X

I don't remember exactly what the numbers are, but I may try your method of putting in just a couple of more PSIs and see if the light will go away.

I think Subarus ride better with a few more pounds of air.

X

i didn't notice any difference in ride quality, but i am glad that annoying little light is off. especally since i will probably have to ignore it once i get wheels since i am going to, most definitely, use low-pro tires that might not fit a sensor.

The TPM sensors on my 2007 are very sensitive as well. I find that extreme temperature changes throughout the day will cause the light to go on.

My fix was to over inflate them by about 1 psi.

Of course that's a moot point now that I've switched to a new set of wheels (without sensors) mounted with snows.

Archived