LegacyGT.com

where to get a stock turbo DP flange

bama16

anyone know where to get a DP flange for a stock turbo? i searched the web but can't find anything. i'm gonna build my own system...choose the mufflers i want, install 3" high flow cat...and shave about a grand off the cost. i've seen a couple dif DP designs..one had 2 holes..one 3" for the exhaust...and a smaller for the wastegate that met back up with the DP...the others just have that wide opening and it all flows in together...either one i can build...the 2 hole would be easiest...but i just need to find one. mandrel bendsm and y pipe are easy to get...and i can weld...so i figure why not!

thanks all

I wouldn't make a custom downpipe unless you were going to use a external wastegate. It's kind of cumbersome to build a bellmouth or weld an extra pipe for the wastegate.

It would be cheaper to just buy a cheap downpipe and modify it. Some of the cheap ones have fitment issues but it would be cheaper to fix the fitment issues than to build one from scratch.

If you really want one, here's one. I can't vouch for its quality such as hole placement.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110076829355&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D110076829355%26fvi%3D1

how cheap is cheap? are you talkin about one of the ebay ones? i saw a couple in like the 170 range...where for an hour of my time i could make one...weld in bungs for all the stock sensors wouldn't be a problem. would this cause any problem with the warranty?

whoops....i (edit)wouldn't go external WG....but i'm just lookin to make things more efficient : )....that little car in my avatar makes 400rw and weighs in at 2300lbs...thats the toy...this is a solid DD so i'm not goin crazy : )

i'm not a master fabricator...but there's not much that really limits me expcept for the # off $$$$ tools i have in the garage : )

lookin at the stock system...it's tiny...i've seen 20rwhp gains with just a DP alone in certain applications,,,get rid of some of those sharp small bends in the back...i just see larger piping in turbo applications improve flow..and increase hp...all i'm lookin to do here without goin crazy...just want it to be efficient.

edit above post ***wouldn't go external

Make one.

Small piece of 12mm stainless plate, a drill and a file, that's all you need along with an hour of your time.

there's a guy in Burlington who sells them for $30CAN. I'll see if I can dig up his contact. I bought one from him about 2 years ago. unfortunately he doesn't sell spherical seat flanges... if anyone knows where I can find one, please chime in

thanks all...i did a search on here but anything...a search with downpipein the serach field yields hundreds of threads on downpipes...i also wasnt sure of the flange and if it was specific to the legacy for if subaru used the same turbo on many of their cars...thanks again!

When do you plan on starting your DP project? I don't think anyone has actually made their own DP other than getting a shop to custom fabricate one for turbo setups.

Keep us posted on how your project turns out.

After finding out that you can easily purchase flanges... I wouldn't mind taking a crack at making my own up-pipe!

thanks all...i did a search on here but anything...a search with downpipein the serach field yields hundreds of threads on downpipes...i

It's a bitch ain't it? Good thing your not doing an UP, you'd weed thru 200 "Which UP is best?", "Flex or no-flex", "Do I have a cat?", "OMG I have a phucking CEL now" threads. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived