LegacyGT.com

What kind of Warrenty issues ???

outback07

Hi Guys,

I m planning to buy a Weapon R intake and X02 Axle-Back mufflers.

From 2 members from here and i was wondering what kind of warranty issues will i have. Will I void anything what should i expect. I m getting the intake installed by whitetiger. Sorry if this forum exists anywhere

UPDATE ON MY 2007 (&2006) LGT AUTO:

Just came back from a different dealer, Subaru of Gwinnett, GA, and spoke to Neal O’Leary about the stutter/dip.

He knew all about the ongoing problem with the ECU programming and the stutter/dip.

He explained that due to emissions changes that effected the 2006 and 2007 models of the Legacy and STI, that the ECU programming was faulted. Subaru had to adjust to meet the emissions standards and therefore caused poor programming in the ECU creating the stutter/dip.

Subaru has not yet figured out how to meet the emissions standards while maintaining / restoring the “brochure” stated performance.

He also said, and I am not sure it is true, that “the automatic should be a faster car than the manual, in a straight out ¼ mile run; especially the 6-speed.?”

He had no hope insight for a Subaru provided fix.

He did say that COBB and another vendor (accutech or something similar) are creating ECU maps for the 2006/2007 LGT. The programming will use the SI-Drive button to provide three different levels of performance. Cool idea to use the SI-Drive button to control the aftermarket ECU programs. I=Quick, S=Shit, S#=HOLY SHIT.

Options:

1. Live with it and hope and wait for Subaru to make a fix.

2. Get and aftermarket ECU reflash and void your warrenty.

3. Try to get a LEMON LAW return approved.

I bought this car for the handling, speed, and sleeper body. I dragged raced it three times at the track. All three times I ran a 14.9 something, at 94.something MPH. This car is faster than that.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that anyone who wants to try to get this fixed join me in writing a "Letter to the Preseident" of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/

I have taken this path before with issues, they will respond. I work for a Fortune 500 and when a "Letter to the President" comes in, we get a call from the VP and must resolve and respond to the president's office within 48 hours. This is a common practice at most major companies.

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.

Subaru Building,

President & CEO Ikuo Mori

1-7-2 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8316

Archived