LegacyGT.com

Nutmeg Rollcall!

CTlegacy06

i have the perrin on. i checked out everything a little while ago. tmic to tb hose was comming apart. fixed. found a small leak from UP to turbo. that will get fixed tomorrow. car ran fine for 10 minutes. now i'm half boostin again and all the connections still look good. probably gonna reflash to cobb stg2 and tear everything apart tomorrow on the lift. oh well. sooner or later it will get fixed.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RU datalogging Jeff? Do u think turbo is dying or a boost control issue? I don't know crap as I said b4....

Starting to collect stage 2 parts now, have a bosal catless up on the way. Probably will get a Cobb catted dp, or something else catted. Probably an AVO or Perrin TMIC. Some kind of cbe would be nice as well. Not sure when I am doing it, no rush... sure don't like hearing about problems... Also I am effin BROKE right now... :mad:

KW's, and i still have them. gonna send those out for a rebuild sometime during the summer. those will become the winter suspension. as for ICS. i have no opinions of them yet. i spoke to ryan in person. he called me back a week later to update me on the dyno repair. i have to schedule an appointment, will probably due that tomorrow. i'll give a full report when it's done. they do have a target to beat and i need them to work with my current TDC map. that map ha launch control in it! and the target to beat is 268whp/275wtq

My bad on the KW's. Those are supposedly pretty good right? I think people have bad luck on the K-sports. So which tein setup is it?

Just got my bosal up from fedex today. It has some crap rattling around inside of the heat shield, I hope it cannot find its way into the inner tube, doubt the turbo would be too happy about it. Won't try the install until it gets warm again, so I have a few months to get a catted dp, and possibly also a catback and a TMIC. I guess I would run the Cobb stage 2 map for a while. Protune would be better I am sure, assuming the tuner is up to the game. Very interested in how ICS is, they are so close by.

I have been a stage 1 pussy long enough, gotta make the move....:)

tein flexes. thinkin about the electric adjustment down the road, but only if i tend on seriously tracking the car. right now it's just for fun.

crap rattling around inside the heatshield? on the new pipe? or the existing catted? and don't do the UP until you get a DP. it's pointless. you'll have to remove the down twice if you do! and buy the factory gaskets!! subaru of stamford should have them. i'm fairly certain they stock extra because of all the sets i've bought from them!

Naw, the Bosal catless up is from a fellow forum member. Got it for a good price, and looks just like the stock one. Seems in pretty good shape, but that rattling concerns me. I will probably go with a Cobb catted dp. Invidia looks great, but some members say fitment is sh!t. No rush...

So what was the final diagnosis with your boost problems? A leak right?

couple of leaks- first was UP/turbo. blew half the gasket out. thats what i get for bending the factory gasket and then trying to reuse it.

second was TMIC/TB hose connection. new header install pulled the turbo over which resulted in the IC pulling halfway out of the TB hose. all fixed. had to reflash so the ECU would relearn that it was running right.

the bosal up should be catless. i have no idea what that rattle could be. just look inside! you should be able to see straight thru!

Well now that its hit me again, the only problem im having with this car is nails in my rear tires! Ive gone like 6yrs without a flat tire and now with this car I'm on my second nail in 2 months! At least thats the worst i have to say about the car, I'll be heading to the dealer today (Premier Branford) I'm hoping its a quick fix, luckily I have the wheel/tire warranty.

^^nails in tires sucks! yeah it's a quick fix. they can plug it which under normal driving conditions can last the life of the tire, or, they can patch it which we all know will last the life of the tire!

TB= throttle body. the hose your TMIC plugs into opposite the turbo.

UPDATE! gettin protune 1.11.08 at ICS Performance in stamford. i'll be there at 11:30 if anyone who is not workin cares to hang out for an hour or two.

overboostin during wot. and i'm currently driving less like myself staring more at the boost gauge tha at anything else when my right foot is feelin heavy! i know my boost gauge is inaccurate so when i see it hit 20psi i know i have to back down. just not sure if it's wastegate flutter or BPV acting up. oh well.

where the hell is the rest of us connecticutions?? guess nothing else is happenin in the nutmeg state except for my small car issues!

overboostin during wot. and i'm currently driving less like myself staring more at the boost gauge tha at anything else when my right foot is feelin heavy! i know my boost gauge is inaccurate so when i see it hit 20psi i know i have to back down. just not sure if it's wastegate flutter or BPV acting up. oh well.

where the hell is the rest of us connecticutions?? guess nothing else is happenin in the nutmeg state except for my small car issues!

Gitster got banned so there goes 99% of the annoying posts coming out of this state.

Archived