LegacyGT.com

45mm Omori Gauges

darkstar

All right everyone, decided on a set of 3 Omori Gauges(Boost, EGT and Oil Pressure). Following in ShaggyGt's footsteps, I had to find a use for the otherwise useless cubby hole between the vents. Although I have installed in the car the assembly is pretty much finished. Gauges are black back, white lettering and full red needle - seems to be a pretty good match to factory minus the red ring.....which I think I may have the solution for. I bought both some 1.2mm and 2.3mm red EL wire that I am going to circle the gauges with and wire up to ignition, hopefully it produces the expected effect. Anyways check it out, what do y'all think? Hopefully I have attached the pictures correctly - first try...

Front.JPG.f86c410cfbba0e4cd3434b2bdd660bb8.JPG

Rear.JPG.4e038226810a2789b22e55f56b50f472.JPG

Got the gauges from [url="http://www.J-spectuning.com"]www.J-spectuning.com[/url] Talk to Thaison. Just got a shipment in. HA!! ready for the bracket material, you're never going to believe this... After searching everywhere for a simple piece of black 1/8" thick plastic with no luck, I happened to be in Office Depot, I am in the clipboard aisle and I saw a 'hanging clipboard' for shipping offices. Figured hey looks close to right color to me and can't go wrong for $7.87, right? I have stared at for I don't know how long now and can not see any difference in color. Texture is almost exactly the same too.

[quote name='SC GT']Looks good. Was there any way you could have installed them and kept the door?[/QUOTE] Well that depends on what you are willing to do. First, the door assembly is basically 2 pieces - the door and the second piece is formed and is the bottom, back and sides of that cubby area (the top is a different piece, which I am still using). The maximum width that you have available to work with is 138mm. Each gauge has an actual O/D of 47mm, therefore you are 3mm shy of squeezing them all together side by side. If you were willing to hone/sand/shave the each side by 1.5mm and accept no space between the gauges, yea you should be able to do it. I did it this way because I did NOT have (nor want) to modify one piece of OEM plastic.....in other words I can return it to factory stock and I am going to 'wrap' the gauges with some 2.3mm electoluminescent red wire to mimic the OEM gauges and needed the space. Second you would have to cut the back of the cubby area to run your wires and tubing for the boost gauge.

• 2 weeks later...
I should have this finished within the next 2 weeks. I just got back from 2 weeks in Australia yesterday, so I haven't done anything beyond the initial prep work. Couple this with the fact that where I live there is 6 inches of snow on the ground and sub-zero temperatures. I will be heading to my father's heated garage to work on this, but have to clean it up/out to make room......

• 3 months later...

Darkstar - ever finish this project and get a chance to take some photos?

Is the backlight color of these gauges green? I am tempted by Omori's except that I'd prefer a white backlight to match the rest of the interior. they have multi-color gauges too, but those seem to have a white needle, not red....

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

sandwood,

The needle is red on the multi-color gauges. I've got pictures if you want them.

Chris S.

I noticed in your night pic that the color didn't exactly match the gauges. Were you able to tweak this with the color knobs or was it not possible?

I posted some pics of my 2 gage Omori 45mm install a while back. I was able to keep the door functional without any major mods. I used carbon fibre for the bezel like others have done. It is possible to get an almost exact match with the omori multicolors.

Archived