LegacyGT.com

Coulthard no longer unemployed...

gtguy

I have to admit, DC is a sensational driver, consistant, level headed and easy to get onwith. Now its just a matter of who his team mate will be. They are still working that out. Unusre if Cline is going to be in or out but with RedBull being his personal major sponsor and the sponsor that insisted that Jag take him on, the money would be on him. Power to DC, well done. Adam. PS Where is Dave when you need him. DAVE where ru ???????????

He clearly isn't as talented as any of the drivers he was paired with (including Damon Hill, which is rather bleak for DC, I think), but he is a solid driver who provides invaluable testing and car setup data. That, I think, is what McLaren will be missing. Both Raikkonen and Montoya go out and wring the car by the scruff of the neck. "It's fine, except for the understeer," is what they say. Veteran drivers who test well and provide feedback for the engineers in terms they can understand are invaluable. Not surprisingly, it's also one of M. Schumacher's strengths. He'll do well in a Red Bull, although I imagine he's wondering what other fast Finn someone will pull out of their hat. :lol: Kevin

I also think he'll be a benefit to RBR, simply from all the experience he has and who that experience has been with (Williams and McLaren). He'll be able to bring a lot to the table for RBR, much more than Klein (duh) and even Webber (great driver, nowhere near the experience in developing cars). It'll also be interesting to see how he responds to being the clear lead driver as well, something he never could be called previously. And his race pace has always been good, as sduford implies. Should be interestingto watch.

[quote name='racerdave']I also think he'll be a benefit to RBR, simply from all the experience he has and who that experience has been with (Williams and McLaren). He'll be able to bring a lot to the table for RBR, much more than Klein (duh) and even Webber (great driver, nowhere near the experience in developing cars). It'll also be interesting to see how he responds to being the clear lead driver as well, something he never could be called previously. And his race pace has always been good, as sduford implies. Should be interestingto watch.[/QUOTE] Indeed. But his race results have been good, because of his radical-ish fuel strategies, utilized in an effort to make up for not being able to qualify worth a darn. I wouldn't say his race pace has been consistently all that hot. Kevin

DC is a gentleman and shows a lot of class. He doesn't seem to have the raw speed that his last 2 finnish team mates had.

I'll never forget his most bizarre/dangerous move/breaking manoeuvre on M. Schumacher during a downpour at Spa-Francorchamp in 1998 costing Michael the victory, the race, a wheel and a suspension. Brother Ralf finished second behind Damon that day in what ended up being the first and only "doublé" ever for Jordan.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Archived