LegacyGT.com

"Specks" In Paint

resipsa99

While washing my LGT today I noticed what appear to be white specks or bubbles in the paint next to the hood/windshield on the driver's side (photo attached). It does not scrub off and I cannot feel anything when I run my finger over it, leading me to believe that the problem is underneath the clearcoat. I've had the car for about 3 months, and did not notice the specks the last time I washed the car about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

PaintIssue.JPG.b8bd14084511e8f54190e5b80af055a1.JPG

Havent seen that problem before, as you say looks like it is under the clear coat directly from the factory. I would go and have a chat ASAP (if you want it fixed ASAP) to your Subaru Dealer. Go and have a chat to the Service department but also have a chat to the person that sold you the car, just as a back up. Im sure that Subaru will want to fix it for you BUT if you do have any issues and your not getting the response you need, speak directly with the Dealership Principal and explain your situation with them. Let us know how you go and hope you can get that fixed ASAP. All the best Adam.

Those look like water spots to me; I get the same thing if I do not thoroughly dry the car after a wash (and I mean thorough -- I even have to go after the drips coming from the side mirrors a couple hours later). Try a claybar, but be warned, I have seen water spots that even a claybar could not get off. These can be nasty buggers. Craig EDIT: I see waterspots all over the fender, and then some white specs near the cowl trim. So maybe you have another problem in addition to waterspots.

Archived