LegacyGT.com

Can you swap Auto Climate control with manual?

I have a 2008 Outback 2.5i. It has the typical single CD and dial knobs for the climate control. Any of you guys know you can swap the 6Cd Automatic Climate Control unit into those cars and have it be a plug and play? I would think Subaru would use just one wire harness for all cars and it would work fine, but who knows?!?!?!

I just read all 7 pages and didn't see the answer.

Generally it's difficult enough to retrofit auto climate that it's not worth it. There's a number of sensors around the car that measure inside temp, outside temp, sun load etc and they all have to be obtained and installed. If you like pulling your dashboard apart just for the fun of it, and can identify and purchase all required parts, then I don't see why you can't install a stereo/climate combination that was factory in a higher trim version your model/year .

I'm an electronics guy AND I've rebuilt engines and transmissions... I've built my own circuit boards (most recently a power on/off timer and voltage controller for a 4-channel digital mobile DVR / dashcam with multiple even triggers such as vibration, door opening etc...) Even then, I've tried to do this project on two cars (95 Taurus and 96 Maxima) and given up both times due to lack of available documentation on the components of the auto climate.

The answer is no. Also, no need for multiple posts on the same question.

I'm new to this whole internet forum thing. Please excuse me for not being so computer perfect as you. I'll strive to spend as much time on the computer that you do. Hopefully I can hit a higher level of forum expertise to match your vast knowledge and perfection.

I'm new to this whole internet forum thing. Please excuse me for not being so computer perfect as you. I'll strive to spend as much time on the computer that you do. Hopefully I can hit a higher level of forum expertise to match your vast knowledge and perfection.

Please do not post multiple threads.

this thread is now closed. please go back and read:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived