LegacyGT.com

Are my brakes warped

ckrieg

Now, I'm thinking they are, but in my past experience with warped brakes, they will always shutter when you push on the pedal. In my case, it's only when they're hot. If the car sits for a while, then I go and drive and brake really hard a couple of times, it's all good. But as soon as they heat up, there's some decent shuttering (if that's even the right word, but I think you know what I mean haha)

If you have stock pads it is likely deposits on the rotors. I seem to remember some recomendations on how to fix it but you have to do it as soon as you notice it or the deposits are harder to remove. I think one was to do a couple of hard stops and I think one was to drag the brakes a bit....do a search on brake pad deposits...I am sure you'll find the thread

Now, I'm thinking they are, but in my past experience with warped brakes, they will always shutter when you push on the pedal. In my case, it's only when they're hot. If the car sits for a while, then I go and drive and brake really hard a couple of times, it's all good. But as soon as they heat up, there's some decent shuttering (if that's even the right word, but I think you know what I mean haha)

sounds like you're experiencing brake fade (not pad deposits). This happens to me when I overheat my pads out on the track or when Im really getting them too hot during a practice autox event. Get higher rated brake temperature pads and this won't happen as often. Highest and widest range of heat I have seen are the Endless SS-M series at 32F to 900F (at least based on the older charts, but I think other corrected info is that they are listed/advertised at 780F).. I think the Carbotech Bobcats and Hawk HPS are listed around 32F to 700F range. THe extra 100F to 200F can go a long way. Track pads (like Carbotech XP8) are from 150F to 1300F I believe, which is a good solution for 9 months out the year for the most part. I have ran a set of XP8s all year around and it's been fine for winter after the first couple of hard and firm stops in the neighborhood to get them up to 150F without too much with and issue. Carbotech pads are rotor friendly (including the track pads, which other companies' track pads can eat up rotors when they are cold).

Keefe

Archived