LegacyGT.com

LWFW misfire codes

highlander

Have you experienced a misfire code on a LGT?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a misfire code on a LGT?

• Nope, must be a unicorn.
    • Yes, but I just have a LWFW
    • Yes, and I have a LWFW and a LW crank pulley
    • Nope, and I even have a LWFW and a LW pulley

I know this issue has been discussed, and the trouble has been seen on WRX's, but.....

Quick poll:

Has anyone experienced a misfire code on a LGT with the LWFW?

If so were you also using a LW crank pulley?

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

from what i understand the issue was prevailant on '02 and earlier WRX's when lw pulley and lw fly were used....

this is how it was put to me

"the pulley and fly dampen...when that excess weight is removed the sensors pick up excess vibration adn throw a code...that is easily turned off .... the problem was in earlier models of the wrx, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you"

so now I have a lighter fly...(wrx flywheel) and cobb pulley...no codes

from what i understand the issue was prevailant on '02 and earlier WRX's when lw pulley and lw fly were used....

this is how it was put to me

"the pulley and fly dampen...when that excess weight is removed the sensors pick up excess vibration adn throw a code...that is easily turned off .... the problem was in earlier models of the wrx, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you"

so now I have a lighter fly...(wrx flywheel) and cobb pulley...no codes

That was also my understanding. Many tuners did not recommend this combination as it caused problems in the WRX's they had tried to mod early on.

I think the newer vehicles can adapt and overcome (or just be told to ignore it) better.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Most of what I have read says the code is thrown during acceleration.

The stock knock sensor and ECM assumed the faster rate of acceleration was knocking (also picking up strange noises the OEM mass dampened).

Either way, I've not heard of an LGT experiencing this trouble.

Archived