LegacyGT.com

STI springs sagging, and new observances!

hodgeee

Any of you with the accessport and stage increases notice that the rear springs are starting to settle a little lower now? I noticed that the rear seems lower than the last month, just after driving around 75 miles with the stage 1 tune. The car launches so much harder, and lifts the front so much more, I think that with the extra acceleration that the car transfers more weight to the rear tires on acceleration that it is compressing the rear springs. This just came apparent today after blasting around all day with the new found power. A little dissappointed by that, and now I wonder if I will be making a spacer ring for the rear shocks to level out the ride. Also with the new tires and rims on the car, the feeling of handling has become much more harsh and bumpy, more responsive by way far, but more bumpy. I am sure the majority of this is from the stiff sidewalls of the performance tires compared to the stock tires that came with the car. The handling is awesome, but makes me think of using a slightly less performance tire for better ride. It is right at the limit to what I find acceptable for this car.

Archived