LegacyGT.com

Hawk HPS Upgrade Completed

RangerMan

So in the last week I have gone from

Crappy OEM Tires (RE92 FTL)

Crappy OEM Pads

OEM brake fluid

I got my tires last week (Kumho SPT) and put the HAWK HPS and ATE Super Blue on today.

1st - These Subaru brakes are the easiest I have ever worked on. Mostly because this car has never seen a western NY winter, but still. Took me longer to get all the tools together and jack the car up than it did to take the pads off, put new pads on and flush the system (almost).

2nd - I had never used a vacuum bleeder before...that made the job SO much easier. Plus I didn't have to get my wife to sit in the car and pump the brakes. Took me about 40 mins total to flush the system, probably could have done it a little faster...

New pads and fluid flushed...went out and bedded the brakes.

The last hard stop just about sucked out my eye balls. Flushing the brakes really helped the pedal feel.

In all, I am completely satisfied and can't wait to really test them out.

they rock dont they. The first few times me and mccorry bedded them in i cracked my head on the winshield. It was a good/bad kinda thing.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Is it cold there yet? I wasn't happy with HPS - on my Miata - in cold weather.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 5 weeks later...
they rock dont they. The first few times me and mccorry bedded them in i cracked my head on the winshield. It was a good/bad kinda thing.

That's weird, I haven't received those results with my setup :spin: Then again, I never really mashed my brakes super hard and I'm almost always on the highway...

Check out my post in the "Sub-Freezing Temps w/ HPS" thread..

Archived