LegacyGT.com

Clutch squeal on cold start??

bgLGT

Well I did some searching on this and I couldn't find much besides typical TOB symptoms. The issue occurs after the car has been sitting overnight. The next morning when I start it, and I am backing up or starting out in first, I get a low squeal when I let the clutch out. This persists for about 15 minutes or a couple start and stops and goes away for the rest of the day. The noise remains gone when I park the car for multiple hours during the day, but it always returns the next morning. I'm stumped, thanks for any insight you guys can give me!

This is hilarious. I was just searching the forums for this problem and I came across your post. My car does the same exact thing. It's only on cold starts. The sound I have is almost like the sound a spring makes. Mine seems to be more of a creak like sound instead of a squel though. But I think this is the same issue.

I will be taking to the dealer. I think it may be the throw out bearing. I had it go out on me already about 8mo ago but it made a pop when I released 1st gear and 2nd gear not a creak.

I'll let you know what I find out.

• 2 months later...
i had the SAME squeal problem and had the tranny ripped apart TOB, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, pinion bearing, and main shaft bearing replaced. the dealer had my car for a month and the next morning starting the car guess what...........SAME NOISE! could the fluid not be sticking to the parts after the car sits and they are started dry? is there an additive we can use? what about the clutch fork return spring? im at a loss and about to go nuts next time im at the dealer.

Archived