LegacyGT.com

Price, suspension mods for Legacy

Hi, I'm new to this site and would appreciate any advice on these two questions:

1. I'm looking to buy a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Limited with VDC. What do you think is a good price to pay for this car, including the $1,000 cash back that Subaru is now offering?

2. I'm going with the 2.5i as a gas saving measure. I'd not concerned about the 170 hp as my wife has a 2008 Outback and it's fine for everyday driving. However, in good weather, I drive a sports car and would like to have firmer handling on the Legacy. Do the dealers offer some kind of suspension modifications? I see that my local dealer, where I would probably buy the car, has a separate rally site, so they may have some experience in this area. Would the VDC interfere with any suspension mods?

Any thoughts or advice appreciated. Thanks!

I just picked up an 08 SpecB. I am starting with Cobb swaybars to get rid of the excessive body roll. Once I see that result, I can access what else it may need.

Bill

The only other item you will need for your suspention are the Sti pinks. They mate perfectly with your stock bilsteins.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

should never pay over msrp for a car..i paid 29k for my new 07 lgt sticker price at i believe 31 or 32k. As far a suspension..well I just ordered the cobb stage 2..we'll see how that goes...hold me over until I'm ready to do major suspension mods ie tein flex.or some other type of coil over

It's an '05 Boxster S. I don't expect that kind of handling from the Subaru, but the Mazda Tribute that I drive now in winter has surprisingly good handling for a small SUV. I've heard that the Legacy 2.5i has better handling because it's lower. I might drive it for a little while and then add the Cobb bars as a next step. I don't want to spend a whole lot, because the idea behind this purchase is fuel economy, and economy in general. Still, I don't want to sacrifice leather, CD changer, sunroof and all the other goodies. I think the Legacy is an incredible value for what you get and my wife loves her Outback.

Thanks to all for the advice.

bb09.jpg.845e6da935859f4b2346434f7b00006a.jpg

I've heard that the Legacy 2.5i has better handling because it's lower. I might drive it for a little while and then add the Cobb bars as a next step.

I don't think Cobb makes a FSB for the 2.5i. The FSBs are different between the 2.5i and the LGT. Rallitek makes a 22mm FSB for the 2.5i:

http://www.rallitek.com/lenosu.html

Archived