LegacyGT.com

My own econ settings?

The best modification you can make to improve gas mileage is the serial link between your brain and your right foot.

Keep acceleration easy and steady, stay out of boost, and you can easily attain a 10% or greater increase.

That's all the "I" mode does in SI drive - reduces throttle input. The AP does some other tricks in Economy by more or less minimizing the amount of boost you can build, but really, it's a moot point if you just drive nice and easy. The advantage of that is that if you still want to get the most out of the car, all you have to do is make a very simple adjustment ... to your right foot.

The other thing you can do is stay vigilant about tire pressure. Especially if you choose to run the tires a little firmer.

Brady's correct. I or Intelligent mode just changes the ecu mapping so that you have reduced throttle responses. It's not going to show you noticeable gains in mpg. Driving in I mode will probably get you runover too since it reduces your throttle inputs in an effort to save petrol.

In my 08' LGT I mode seems to limits throttle and boost. I just installed my premium prosport gauges, and had it record the peaks when Im driving in different modes.

WOT in I mode through 1st to 3rd gear from a stop = 6-7psi of max.

WOT in S or S# mode through 1st to 3rd gear from a stop = ~14psi of max.

Archived