LegacyGT.com

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results - Subaru Legacy and Outback

mkaresh

The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending September 30, 2007.

For the 2005 Subaru Legacy and Outback, I have an average of 9.3 months of data on 36 cars. The stat of 57 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.6 per vehicle) is about average for a 2005 model.

For the 2006 Subaru Legacy and Outback, I have an average of 7.4 months of data on 25 cars. The stat of 6 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.1 per vehicle) is so low that I expect it to increase with a larger sample size in future updates. For now, it can only be said that the repair rate is better than average, and better than for the 2005s (as it should be since it's the second year and newer).

For the 2007 Subaru Legacy and Outback, I have an average of 6.4 months of data on 12 cars. This is an insufficient, very small sample size, so the result is asterisked. The stat of 15 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.2 per vehicle) is like the 2006 result very low.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, these results wouldn't have been possible without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so. It would be nice to get rid of that asterisk and to provide a result for the 2008.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Archived