LegacyGT.com

Eibach Springs for Legacy GT

F22-raptor

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Agreed with Keefe..I have known about these springs forever..and they were definatly not on my shopping list. Coilovers are the way to go. Matched struts and springs are the way to go. No question. b4[/QUOTE] Well that is all fine and good but some of us don't want to spend that much on suspension :) For my needs, Springs are great by themselves. I spent 10k onmy WRX engine and you know what I found out? It wasnt worth it. So I have a definite plan of how I want the car to be and 12-2500$ coilovers didn't fit into the plan. Maybe if I didn't have a house, a wife and a newborn ;)

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Coilovers are the way to go. Matched struts and springs are the way to go. No question. b4[/QUOTE] I don't know if I would go that far. Coilovers have their own complexities, no matter how vociferous their proponents are about their virtues. I've run different sets, and driven different sets. The ONLY coilover I have ever encountered with daily driver ride quality, based on the roads in my Midwestern region, were the Tein Type Wagons for the WRX wagon. And people didn't like those because the spring rates weren't...erm...manly enough. I recall driving a WRX with a set of H&R coilovers, and the guy said "Sure, the spring rates are high, but they're well matched to the dampers, so they feel good." They just felt hard to me. He got rid of them for Ledas, about a month later. The Ledas weren't all that much more comfortable. On a smooth road, coilovers rock, no question. But if you live in an area that gets winter, with its attendant frost heaves, potholes and the like, coilovers aren't the party some make them out to be. Also, to take full advantage of coilovers, the car should be corner weighted. People who think that the advantage of coilovers are that you can change ride height and damping settings, willy-nilly, are misguided. When you change ride height, you need to get an alignment. And effective damping settings will depend upon the coilover's spring rate. I ran Tein HAs with 450/375 spring rates. Although there were 18 damper settings, only the firmest four or five were compatible with the spring rates. Other questions to ask about coilovers are longevity, as in do they require a rebuild, and if softer spring rates can be ordered. An honest vendor will work with you, and truly honest ones will tell you "Whoa, your roads suck. You aren't going to like coilovers." My personal opinion is that coilovers are worthless for a primarily street-driven car. In those situations, you just don't need what coilovers do. If you're tracking or autocrossing heavily, go right ahead. My experience with the SPT kit from Subaru for my WRX wagon sold me on the virtues of matched struts and springs, which are, when offered, usually cheaper than a full coilover setup. My SPT kit, for example, was $1000. The only coilover in that price range were the Type Wagons, which weren't as robust as the SPT kit. Kevin

Too bad Zeal does not make coil overs for Outback or I would buy them. Every time I ask they say they have no plans to ever to do some for Outbacks. Even though mine is dropped 2" and they would probably fit "no interest". Just have to wait for STi in a year or two.

• 5 weeks later...
Well I think I got the wrong legacy springs.. I think these were for the legacy outback.. or someone was drunk when they spun these :D I put these on and finally measure it against a stock LGT and I was raised about .25" in the front. :D So I am waiting for the H-Types now

what are the spring rates?
Eibach does not publish their spring rates. They're very secretive about that.

Although they just claim that they won't tell you the rates because the springs are progressive and cannot be measured with a standard spring rate.

They are nice though... a lot of lowering spring kits will not have progressive front springs, but Eibach kits always include both progressive front & progressive rear springs.

sure they do, it's encoded in the number stenciled in paint on the springs themselves. Ground Control Coilovers are Eibach Race Springs. I dont see why or hard to find out since you can call an Eibach rep to figure out what you want. Besides, they have over thousands of springs and spring rates, it's pointless to list them all out.

Keefe

Keefe

I believe Eibach's race springs are not progressive. I'm assuming these are if this is the pro-kit we are talking about.

What is the spring rate of the Pro-Kit?

Only simple linear springs have a spring rate. A sophisticated progressive Eibach Pro-Kit spring has a load/deflection characteristic. The special design parameters are only accessable through Eibach Desk-Tech Database to Eibach's exclusive partners.

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/00171.2.6662560197700021045

• 1 year later...

Do you have the part number for these. Eibach doesn't even list them on their website. Thanks

Talked to Eibach today. Part number 7716.140 Still in prototype/preproduction. She estimate a couple of months before they are available.

Archived