LegacyGT.com

How drauble is the 5EAT? how much abuse can it take?

YouAreABus

I am still shopping for my LeggyGT but I know it has to be an auto. Probably the first upgrade I will install will be a tranny cooler, but this car has to last! How does the 5EAT hold up to brake torqeuing? I am going to test drive my first one today, and I was thinking how I would launch at the track? In previous autos I just hold the brake and the gas to load up the torque converter and release the brake when it is time to go, go ,go. If I do this in the leggy a few times a month what will happen? Will the engine build boost because it is under load and pull throught the brakes? Will it take off, tires chirping, and push my eyeballs back into my skull? Or will it just explode, and I'll be shopping for a new tranny?

in the summer time, i launch my car 6-12 times at the strip, 2-3 times per month, then at autox 5-6 times per event, 2-3 times per month. I have a tranny cooler and VB mod and so far so good. *knocks on wood* a lot of it has to do with how much power and torque you're running in the car too. I believe most people who are having issues have 350+ whp/tq. I've got probably around 300 in mine, had some slippage issues back in March, but that was taken care of with the VB mod from IPT. just do a search and you'll find a lot of info.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

She sure is.

I won't have a large budjet for upgrades for a while after the purchase, but after the tranny cooler, I was thinking of getting the Accessport. Do you think that the valvebody is a good idea before that, or it should be fine being close to stock power?

Archived