LegacyGT.com

Looking to get a Nav

I Cant Drive 55

I managed to put a TomTom One XL with a 4.3" screen in the cubby simply by using the smooth disc that it comes with and sticking it to the bottom of the cubby and then using the suction cup holder and sticking that to the disc. I'll get a pic up. It works great.

Ok, I've been toying with options here...

AVO single din kit + whatever DVD/Nav. I'd have to mod the door. Most likely cutting off the arms or whatever they are that allow it to swing up. I'd reattach the door with hinges to the din kit. Looks OEM, and hides the DVD player for extra security.

Or my other idea, which I cant find much about... Would be using the factory navigation bezel? and installing a 7" touch screen DVD player. I'd keep the factory navigation buttons in place just for the hell of it. But what I'm not sure about is if the bezel? would prevent the motorized part from opening. Does it sit slightly behind it, or side by side? If it's side by side, I'd sand it down a little. So basically it looks like I've got a factory nav. But in reality it's a nice motorized unit that sits flush. Clock would be relocated.

Archived