LegacyGT.com

Hold Back and FPA negotiation question...

XtremeCreations

I want to buy my GT Ltd from my local dealer 'cause I've been dealing with him since I started looking at Subarus and I'll be going to them for service. I am going to the dealership on thursday to work out the "numbers" and hopefully put a deposit down. I have this feeling that I am going to have "work" to get the car below invoice price. Would any of you drop the words "Hold Back" and "Floor Plan Allowance" in the negotiaions to let the sales guy know, that you know he can drop the price?

You should bring it up to the guy...however, keep in mind that $ is all a dealership is given to cover advertizing and cost of running the sales department of the dealership. I would be happy with 2-300 under invoice. Or even invoice is ok if you want to deal with them for service. Mike....

just don't let them know that you will absolutely buy from them "because you've dealt with them since you started looking". Unfortunately, they will take advantage of that. I almost made that mistake once, by telling a dealer (acura) that I was planning to buy from them because everyone I know said they are the best. Of course the salesman then pulled every slimy trick in the book on me, wouldn't show me the invoice, and wouldn't budge on the price. At that point, I found another dealer offer on the same car for over $1200 less, (then I fell in love with the Subaru WRX and it was over with).

Archived