LegacyGT.com

Shopping Spec.b's, questions

^ I'm only speaking from personal experience. Close to 45k miles on my Spec. and not a single problem. (knock wood)

So am I with 9 years of Audi tech experience and owning a sB with 2700 miles on the clock and several problems showed up in that time. To many people are way to quick to say stuff about Audi reliablity and only able to point at two problems that aren't problems anymore and haven't been for almost 5 years now.

So am I with 9 years of Audi tech experience and owning a sB with 2700 miles on the clock and several problems showed up in that time. To many people are way to quick to say stuff about Audi reliablity and only able to point at two problems that aren't problems anymore and haven't been for almost 5 years now.

While I think Audi's problems are overblown, especially in respect to the newer models, I don't buy that they are ancient history. My boss has an 04 allroad that spends more time in the shop than in his garage. And that's not an unusual experience.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

especially in respect to the newer models, I don't buy that they are ancient history. My boss has an 04 allroad that spends more time in the shop than in his garage. And that's not an unusual experience.

Again a lot of people say that someone they know has one that has a lot of problems but never give specifics as to what these "abundance" of problems are. I'm not saying that Audi's are bulletproof by any means. I have a job for a reason, but people always are saying that Audi's are always in the shop. Why don't people want to admitt that BMW's are the same way? Please don't attempt to say they aren't cause I have a few BMW tech friends that say they are actually worse.

Again a lot of people say that someone they know has one that has a lot of problems but never give specifics as to what these "abundance" of problems are. I'm not saying that Audi's are bulletproof by any means. I have a job for a reason, but people always are saying that Audi's are always in the shop. Why don't people want to admitt that BMW's are the same way? Please don't attempt to say they aren't cause I have a few BMW tech friends that say they are actually worse.

Oh, I agree about the BMers. They aren't the picture of reliability, either. Not only that, but some of the things they do for their vaunted 50/50 weight distribution can make for some very odd maintainence. For example, a colleague's 540i, where they have to take out the back seat to change the battery!?:lol:

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 7 months later...
people always are saying that Audi's are always in the shop.

Quoting you a little out of context, but my VW Passat, which is basically the same as the older V6 A6s, spent more time in the shop than on the road. The Subie over the Audi seems like an easy choice, as you would probably have to pay me to get an Audi, with the sour taste I still have in my mouth from my VAG car.

In the 4 years I had the car I was only able to put on 30k miles. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could have squeezed anymore out of it. Passat must have had a thing for my mechanic.....

Archived