LegacyGT.com

Panel air filters

I've read the review on the AVO and the Blitz panel filters. The AVO review says it filters as well as stock with no real boast in hp. My concern is fine particulate matter. I drive on a 3mi long dusty road and need filtration to 1 micron. Does anyone know if these 2 filters will fit that need?:eek:

AVO or Blitz filters. Stay away from any of the oil based air panel filters and you'll be in great shape.

As far as flow and catching the dust, I would say they do as good as job as stock if not better. I'm sure someone with an outback though can chime in.

I used to have a K & N which offers a slight power boost and a noticable fuel economy boost. People are skeptical about the K & N allowing particulates in, but that is only after you re-oil it. So I say pitch it after 100,000 miles. You'll still have saved from not having to buy paper filters.

AVO or Blitz filters. Stay away from any of the oil based air panel filters and you'll be in great shape.

As far as flow and catching the dust, I would say they do as good as job as stock if not better. I'm sure someone with an outback though can chime in.

+1. The oem filter works just fine for me. I would rather spend the money on filters than degrade an $8,000 motor for a few HP's.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived