LegacyGT.com

Toyo Proxes 4 in snow?

jim1969

Sorry about no response. I have Toyo Prox4s, but they will not get a good test of snow till mid January. Mammoth Mountain has had great conditions since "late OCTOBER", almost 200 inches and I have had my car since Nov 21. Kids and work are great, but hard on spontaneous Ski trips.

the toyo proxes 4 are okay. very suboptimal. braking is (as is true for any all-season) horrible. they can get through snow decently once you're moving. they're a poor excuse for snow tires and not as great as pirelli p zero nero M&S tires. since there are two legacys in the driveway, each tire is "demo"'d. overall, i wish both were shod in pirelli's.

I don't have the Proxes 4, but I have its predecessor, the FZ-4. I have to say that for an all-season tire, it's quite good in the snow. It's certainly no match for a true winter tire, but it's not bad. I drove back from upstate NY to NYC during the big President's Day blizzard in FEB 2003, and had absolutely no issues (this was in an AWD VW Passat). If the Proxes 4 are anything like the FZ-4's, you should have no real issues (unless you're a maniac in the winter). Andy
Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

Archived