LegacyGT.com

sick of searching for nothing.,......!!!!

carman493

Ok guys, listen up, there is didly squat out there right now....I keep looking on different sites for parts, including all the big names and the little guys.... [b]I think we need a sticky in this section of the forum with only allowing posts with the names of sites that carry '05+ legacy parts and a listing of what they carry....[/b] so far i have found a few sites that carry catless downpipes, but the prices are still so high, as well as long shipment dates.....found a couple coilover kits, but again prices are very high and some still say in development. I know parts for the WRX came our much quicker..... i understand the car is fairly new, but come on all you parts engineers out there, we're waiting, getting bored with our cars, time to upgrade.... Hopefully someone will wake up and smell the coffee and get this parts developed, whoever comes out with parts that work first should get some loyal legacy customers.....

it takes time.. believe it or not, you can start searching for STi engine parts and start up a cross-reference thread intead.. after all, the Impreza was born from the Legacy chassis.. of course things changed over the years, but the layout is still within some specs. Parts will come as the ricer market already recognized the car and its potential. What are you looking for exactly? Do you just have money to blow? Cuz I can point you to the right people to spend your money if you want. I personally am not in a hurry to get more power out of the car as there is still a few suspension issues I personally want to sort out before I get more power to the wheels. Personally, I am curious to see if an STi stock ECU would just be a simple plug and play on the GT.. I am sure there's some other parameters to change, but my concern is finding the difference in cam profiles (there's way to bypass the DCCD ECU settings as well). Give the market some time. Even the WRX needed a bit of time. I remember when I waited for the WRX to get some things sorted out and wait for all the aftermarket suppliers to sort things out before I even purchased.. I didnt do any power mods until after a year I bought my car. If you are itching to get more power mods, or something, swap out the gears and make use of the power you already have. Besides, dont you have a Monster Miata to drive anyways? :p Keefe
Keefe

Yea my miata is pretty sick, but its not my daily, and my daily has to be fast and fun too. The Legacy is great, but turn in sucks, suspension feels a little sloppy now that im used to it, and the power is a little low for my taste.... The car is wonderful, dont get me wrong, but this is what i want, but cant find.... loudness, no cats, full exhaust, and more power to start, i want to know what i can do with about 2 grand to use it to its full advantage along with reliability, once the summertime comes, i will then go with big brakes, 18's and 235s probably along with coilovers.

Be patient. Im enjoying my car as it is for now. I too find some of the prices high and the selection slim. Ill save my money up and when the time is right ill pick my fights. As time goes by peroidic upgrades keep my interest up in my cars.Each upgrade can be "savored" myself this keeps me refreshed with my ride.

I carry a list of vendors on the front of the site and we have a parts review area as well. I don't see a need for a sticky too. Parts did not come out quicker for the WRX, not even by a longshot. I bought mine 2st allotment (April 2001) and it took well over a year for a cheap-ass UNI-Chip engine management solution that I had to replace a year after that (2003) with ECUTek.

Guest *Jedimaster*
We're all in the same boat- the car is still new so people are still developing parts for them. To me, SEMA was a disappointment- not much came out for the new Legacy.

[quote name='Tide']I carry a list of vendors on the front of the site and we have a parts review area as well. I don't see a need for a sticky too. [/QUOTE] But it would be nice to start a cross-reference parts list for Subaru models. I'll start with this cross-reference: I've been told the rear brake pads on the GT are the same size as the WRX rear brake pads. Fronts, however, are different. Even the 2002 and 2003 WRX front brake pads are different. I've also been told that the TurboXS UTEC for 2005 Impreza STi and 2005 Forester XT also works for the GT. I just need to talk to TurboXS to get them to start making some stage 1 base maps for it. Keefe
Keefe

Archived