LegacyGT.com

The ensuing downfall of Tommypenguin....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, So I got another ticket over the weekend!:eek:

Ticket number 3, and 1 accident in a month. This time I got a ticket for driving in the HOV lane, even though I had 3 people in my car, I got the ticket in the mail. It has a picture of pretty much only my license plate, the rest of the picture is pitch black since its a night pic. I will try and fight it, its a 78$ ticket but more than likely if I want it dropped I will have to go down to the courthouse again. I doubt I would take the time off from work to do it seeing how I've taken enough time off with the other crap going on this month. Anyone ever fight an HOV ticket? Or fight a ticket that was sent to you in the mail?

Man if there was a legacygt.com most wanted I would definitely be hitting #1 on the list this month.

The only time I've ever heard of getting a photo ticket in the mail for an HOV lane is if it's one of those that requires the transponder in the car, so you can only use the lane if you've already got the equipment installed. Not sure if that even counts as an HOV lane... more like an express lane. Where was this HOV lane??

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Ya, I can't believe how the tables have turned this month. Definitely not able to put on the new turbo this month with all this crap going on. Not to mention I dropped my car off yesterday to get repaired at the dealer, its going to be out of the game for 2 weeks. In the meantime I have the hottest ride on the road, I'm driving a Chevy HHR:lol: All my friends have laughed at me everytime I've rolled up to meet up with them, they are like WTF! You traded in your Subaru for that. :redface:

I would be down for sure a cigar meet. We should pick a date and get the ball rolling on it. This week isn't good for sure, had a dentist appointment yesterday and got court on thursday for ticket number 1. Maybe next friday we should try and do it. What do you think?

The only time I've ever heard of getting a photo ticket in the mail for an HOV lane is if it's one of those that requires the transponder in the car, so you can only use the lane if you've already got the equipment installed. Not sure if that even counts as an HOV lane... more like an express lane. Where was this HOV lane??

It was on i-25 going north. The way it works is there is two lanes in the HOV lane it is isolated from main traffic completely being divided with concrete gurters. I was in the right lane driving slow because of the speeding tickets this month.:rolleyes:

The HOV lane last 5 miles at the end the right lane will take you to boulder, the left will take you to fort collins. I was going up to boulder, I stayed in the right lane, but apparently if you are HOV you are supposed to be in the left lane for a mile stretch because you can take the HOV lane if you have a transponder. When you are in the right lane there is a camera located somewhere that takes a pic of pretty much only your plate and trunk if you don't have a transponder. I didn't know that till after I got the ticket.

There aren't signs that I saw clearly saying to stay out of the right lane if you are hov. Oh well, I guess the state would prefer for me to stay in the left lane till their is a fork and cut off the right lane of traffic to avoid an HOV ticket.

Archived