LegacyGT.com

just test drove a 05 lgt 5spd (new thread)

CitizenBT

Never have a problem with 1st gear, but I used to have some difficulty getting it in reverse once in a while. I found that if you put it back into first, and creep forward just the slightest amount, then throw it in reverse, it goes in with no trouble. Feels like there is some sort of lock out that happens depending on how you park or come to a stop.

Said it before, I'll say it again. I'm pretty sure our MT's have no synchro on the reverse gear (or any modern MT), only forward gears - this is why it is harder to engage and why rocking the car or pumping the clutch or shifting to first before reverse lets it slot into R easier.

I usually just scream at my car "PUT IT IN H!!" and then it goes fine.

I'm 6'3" 190 lbs, slim athletic build (oh, wrong website, thought I was on eHarmony....)

I find leg space in the LGT sufficient, not roomy, and yes, narrow. My right knee sticks out of the driver area and is a couple inches away from the stick in 1st gear.

Also, the pedals aren't spaced too nicely for those w/ either long or wide feet. They're too close together, and I actually took out that plastic shielding in the footwell, right above the pedals, to make more room (was doing the DRL disable when I took plastic shroud off and left it off)

I drive in an almost upright position, and top left parts of my skull periodically do hit the ceiling.

One thing very lacking in the seats that almost all other major Japanese cars have is a seat cushion tilt feature. That may have answered a *lot* of tall / big ppl fitment concerns.

If you go to cars101.com and compare the WRX interior specs to LGT, you might be surprised to find that some of the specs are almost the same!

I'm 6'7 and i have no problem fitting in mine. I even drove 1000 miles last weekend and its plenty big enough for me. I have also noticed that sometimes its hard to get into R, but 1st is fine.

Holy smokes, the green giant!!!!!!!:lol::lol: In my F2 car your feet would be i Way in FRONT of the tires and past the radiator!!!!!!!!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived