LegacyGT.com

Outback moulding, Canadian part numbers?, want to go monochrome

anotherbrian

I've always disliked the two-tone color scheme on the Outbacks, but that didn't keep me from buying an OBXT in silver/gray in 2005. It wasn't enough of a dislike to get them repainted, but knowing the cars were available in monochrome elsewhere in the world, I considered buying replacement covers/trim.

I believe Canada had monochrome Brilliant Silver OB's in 05+. Does anyone know if the bumpers are the same for US and Canada cars, and if the bumper covers are interchangable? Did any year of the Canadian cars have exhaust cut-outs, or were they all the same as US?

And does anyone know the part numbers for the various pieces? From the vacation pics I think I need:

+ front bumper face

+ rear bumper face

+ side sill spoilers

+ side garnesh (4 pieces per side?)

I think the only monotone Outbacks then were the Red, Black and the Beige sand coloured one..

I don't think Subaru sells painted pieces, so it might just be better to have the existing ones painted.

I don't recall if it was in late '04 or sometime in '05 when I was poking around on Subaru's non-US websites, but I thought it was the Canadian cars that were mono (and Australia and Europe).

My concern with getting the existing parts painted was matching colors (the car is now 3 years old, so that might be an issue with pre-painted now), but if it is true they come unpainted then that solves/necessitates that.

Before I do try to get a quote on having them painted, I would like to find if there is a bolt-on alternative and its cost.

Archived