LegacyGT.com

Shaky pulsating feeling at very slow speed < 3 mph

Hello - This is my first Subaru and first AWD type vehicle. I have a 2008 2.5I SE with the 4EAT. When the car is barely creeping forward, like what you need to do in bumper to bumper stop and go, inching up just a few feet at a time, when the car starts moving I can feel sort of this pulsating / shaky type movment. Once the car gets moving a little quicker I can't tell. I can duplicate it all the time. If I am at a dead stop, and if I just barely let out the brake, just enough so the car is moving forward as slow as possible, its noticable up to a certain speed. Once i let the brake out fully, the car gets moving quick enough where I do not notice it any more. I dont think its the brakes cause the car is so new and braking is always smooth and I can still feel it when the brake totally let out, while it kinda gets up to speed on it's own. Any one else have this, is it just a characteristic of the AWD, perhaps at such a low speed im feeling something in the differentials, or the linking between the front/rear wheels?

Hello - This is my first Subaru and first AWD type vehicle. I have a 2008 2.5I SE with the 4EAT. When the car is barely creeping forward, like what you need to do in bumper to bumper stop and go, inching up just a few feet at a time, when the car starts moving I can feel sort of this pulsating / shaky type movment. Once the car gets moving a little quicker I can't tell. I can duplicate it all the time. If I am at a dead stop, and if I just barely let out the brake, just enough so the car is moving forward as slow as possible, its noticable up to a certain speed. Once i let the brake out fully, the car gets moving quick enough where I do not notice it any more. I dont think its the brakes cause the car is so new and braking is always smooth and I can still feel it when the brake totally let out, while it kinda gets up to speed on it's own. Any one else have this, is it just a characteristic of the AWD, perhaps at such a low speed im feeling something in the differentials, or the linking between the front/rear wheels?

kinda like when you jab the throttle slightly then let off it stumbles? i will tell you. my 5 eat does what i just described.

Archived