LegacyGT.com

Anyone still using Ksport Coilovers..??

Ridgeracer

Just trying to get an idea of how many people still using them. For the last 2+ years mines have not performed as well as I expected. I'm on my 3rd set of front struts right now. So far the rear struts have been excellent. I haven't had one start to leak yet. Apparently Ksport has revised the front strut 3 times since they first came out. Apparently they had issues with the front struts leaking on many customers cars with Mac front end. Even worse if the car was more front biased. My third set was replaced somewhat under warranty. One side was replaced outright free of charge since the old unit was less than a year old. The second unit was replaced at half price since it was 14 months old. Total cost for both was 65 bucks including shipping. The version C strut seems to fully enclose the seals within the strut body so you can no longer see them. The shaft is longer by about an inch. I guess it should increase the stroke of the unit. And finally the dampening adjustment has notches as you turn so you can actually count the amount of dampening you want.....hummmm something every other coilover manufacturer did from day one. If these things leak again I probably won't hang around for version D struts...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I just got some replacement fronts on mine this past week. did one side, still need to find time to do the other. They haven't been the greatest performing, but I can't complain for the little money I paid for them in the initial group buy. I love the handling, and would always recommend coilovers, but I myself will probably get something else the next time around. They are great if you don't use them too hard, but if you do...they definitely aren't the coilover for you...unless these new struts are supposed to be better.

after 70,000 kms in two years, i got rid of them. i'm using JIC FLT-A2 for the summer and bilsteins w/h-tech's in the winter. and there is a huge difference between the two coilovers. i don't mind the stiffer JIC's (especially when autoxing). personally preference i guess.

Archived