LegacyGT.com

Sticky elec. throttle on 05 ej25

G-reg

Long time lurker, first time poster on this forum. But I have a question for you Legacy guys. I've got an 05 2.5RS purchased in July, and it now has 11K on it. I've noticed that occasionally when accelerating "briskly (anything from half to full throttle acceleration)" the RPM's seem to hang or increase a bit on the up shift. It's like the throttle is staying open a bit between shifts, or like I have a huge flywheel. One time after driving around in the snow, some fooling around-mostly point a to b, I got a flashing cruise light with no CE light. The only modification is a snorkus-ectomy. I haven’t seen many NA posters round these parts, but I’ve heard symptoms like this from the Sti guy’s too so this may apply to you GT’ers also. Thanks

I have only noticed this in first gear. When you depress the clutch to transfer to second the car continues to accelerate for a 10th of a second sometimes. It is a little weird and I would think that with the computer controlling throttle that this should be able to be reprogrammed out? Parousia

[quote name='Parousia'] It is a little weird and I would think that with the computer controlling throttle that this should be able to be reprogrammed out?[/QUOTE] *shrug* who knows.. waiting for the tuners to say something. Perhaps the throttle butterfly is just slow to react. Perhaps the ECU just sucks. Perhaps the throttle position sensor sucks. Mostly it seems people only change the maps (much to my dislike). There are some very cool things you could do with the actual code, if one really tried.

• 4 weeks later...
Ford has a similar function that they call "dashpot." Basically it retards the decrease in engine speed by giving a little extra fuel/air when you take your foot off the gas. The purpose is to ensure that the transients during the shifts aren't so... transient. It's supposed to help with emissions to a point. They did this with cable-throttle and intake air valves, and with carbs too. This would occasionally cause the same reaction in my 1999 SVT Contour that is described in this thread. Likewise, I know that Diesels have a function that modulates how quickly fuel is taken out when you release the pedal to improve low-speed driveability. Maybe Subaru does something similar here?

• 3 weeks later...
I reinstalled my Snorkus for when I take it to the dealer, and it isn't as bad. But I think the computer will learn around the change, becuse it did this before I took the snorkus off.

The snorkus is the big intake resonator in the front right fender of many Subys. Removing it is like a free CAI. I don't know if the new Leg's have them, but I'd bet they do.

Archived