LegacyGT.com

Vendor Specific Forums, Question..

05LGTLtd

What's the policy on non-responsive vendors in the vendor specific forums. There is one vender which hasn't posted since april. As long as they pay the bill, they keep the forum? While it's nice to know who we can't count on, but it would be nicer to have vendors who are active and responsive...
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

So does the removal of PDE mean there is room for another vendor to get a forum? BoostJunkie? AVOUSA? If more than one vedor is interested, Can we get a poll to vote???

Vote? It's a paid slot. :lol:

Why not? If there is more than one party interested, why should we give one slot to the first one to offer up the money? The point of the vendor forums is a mutual benifit to the Vendor AND the LGT subscribers. In good active forums, vendors are making sales and helping members with problems/solutions. They get the sales and we get valuble information.

The most active Vendor forum is a good example of this. TDC is able to announce product and event information in a central location, and everyone on the foruma has learned more of their LGT developments because of it.

At the very least, if two or more Parties are interested in the Slot, then a set of criteria should exist to help as a guidline in deciding who gets it. For instance...

-Has the vendor been an active member on the board, and for how long? If not, then could a new presence bring something to the board which we are lacking?

-Does the vendor engage in development and marketing of products specifically for the legacy platform?

-Is the Vendor an active and respected Leggy tuner?

Others may have more ideas for a "point based" selective criteria.

If a Poll was set up, then those vying for the space could defend why they should get the slot and what they could bring to the forum. The object is not only to produce revenue for the board by selling ad space, but also to make the LGT community the best it can possibly be!

Well first off, there would need to be multiple vendors interested for a poll. I haven't had any recent interest in a forum.

Secondly, if there were multiple vendors interested, and they were all value adds to the site, we'd just make more slots. We had limits in the beginning to not whore the place up, but its of pretty good value to the average member to have their presence here.

Lastly, polling here has proven a fairly ineffective way to make decisions. The tshirts are case in point. When I design and printed shirts I specifically wanted, I sold 100. When I left it to the community to design and decide, 12 were sold. Sometimes its better to go with editorial content over the 'wisdom of the masses'.

Well first off, there would need to be multiple vendors interested for a poll. I haven't had any recent interest in a forum.

Thats Fine, but as site admin, you should have an interest in finding the best and most benificial vendors for revenue and the forum overall. That's All my intent was.

Not knowing much about the working of the site, I was simply trying to make any behind the scene decision making as transparent as possible. In the past I directly questioned a vendor with level II status why he did not have his own forum. I thought it would be helpfull if his development projects had a central location. He repied that the reason was two fold. First he wanted to provide products at the lowest possible cost to other leggy enthusiasts. So keeping overhead low allowed him to do so. Second, he stated that there were no more Vendor III slots availible, so it was a moot point.

I assumed that since one Vendor lost their forum that there would be slot availible. Assumtion on my part, could be wrong, but revenue keeps the board online for everyone. Looking at the market, I also felt that more than one vendor might want a forum.

AVO, Grimmspeed, Perrin, Cobb (unlikely they have their own BB), Kartboy, Siegel Racing... I'm sure others can suggest vendors which might be interested.

Just trying to help make the forum a better place. And Yes, Often "the masses are indeed @$$e$"...

• 1 month later...

Archived