LegacyGT.com

Help me decide!!!

hmoob_gt

Ok, i know there is probably a thread of this somewhere in this forum, but i couldnt find exactly what i was looking for. What i want to know is, which set up of front sway bar with endlinks and rear sway bars with endlinks kit is better. my choices im looking into so far is the COBB KIT, CUSCO KIT, or the AVO KIT. so if anyone knows which one is an easier fit and better for the money, let me know. Thank you! :)

Ok, I Am Planning On Getting A Stage 2 Package Only. With An Front Mount Intercooler. With Maybe An Upgrade Turbo. Nothing Big. But Im Waiting For The 07 Tuning Program To Come Out First. But I Want To Run Something That Will Still Be Useful After The Mods.

Ok, I Am Planning On Getting A Stage 2 Package Only. With An Front Mount Intercooler. With Maybe An Upgrade Turbo. Nothing Big. But Im Waiting For The 07 Tuning Program To Come Out First. But I Want To Run Something That Will Still Be Useful After The Mods.

Depends on what other mods you have, or plan on having

Suspension mods, not power mods.

I have not looked into it as much as i should, but it think that i would like to keep to a not very stiff bar, like cobbs to let the coil overs i want (the tein flex's) do their job.

Start to read around the suspension sticky. I want a handling machine so I am going with the tein flex to get the stiffness. A proper coilover setup does not need that stiff of a swap. Plus really stif rear sway can make you oversteer more.

sway bars on stock shocks/springs still sucks. sure there's a little less lean side to side. but the car is twitchy at the limit and still has way too much front/back movement. if you go this route make sure you get the rear sway bar reinforcement brackets, you'll need them.

ok, i guess when it comes down to it. too stiff makes the car have over steer, and not stiff enough gives it over steer, so im guessing, as for me right now, i might go with the AVO kit or maybe the 22mm perrin front and rear with AVO endlinks? the 25 is too stiff right if your still running stock suspensions?

ok, i guess when it comes down to it. too stiff makes the car have over steer, and not stiff enough gives it over steer

???

Oversteer is when the back end begins to break free first. this can be caused when the rear is proportionally stiffer than the front. if you put a bigger rear bar on without a matching front, or stiffer rear springs and struts without matching fronts. this will become even more apparent in the rain and snow when traction is much lower.

if you do both front and rear bars it will remain more balanced and be less likely to drastically alter over/understeer behavior. most larger bars are designed to be used in conjunction with stiffer struts and springs which is why people bend the rear mounts.

Haven't seen this anywhere else, so I thought I'd throw my chips in here. I just had Cobb F&R Sways & Endlinks installed on my 08 today. My tuner told me that he was surprised about how much of the suspension was reworked with the new MY -- 05-07 coilovers will not fit the 08 for example. I was surprised to hear about this as I hadn't noticed anything about it on LGT.com.

The OP should be okay as he's in an '07, but others should be warned to ensure that they don't buy something that won't fit.

Archived