LegacyGT.com

IIHS tests sedans against SUVs (No Subarus)

[url=http://www.iihs.org/news_releases/2004/pr041804.htm]IIHS Article[/url] It's definitely alarming although not suprising. Too bad the brand new Legacy wasn't thrown into the mix. From everything we've seen worldwide, I think it would come out favorably. Additionally, side airbags are standard on all models IIRC in the Legacy/OB lines.

Very interesting article... thanks for posting it. People are weird...they will drink herbal teas and take all kinds of vitamins and herbal extract pills to give themselves a 1% lower chance of getting cancer, but then will hop into an unsafe car and tear down the highway at 75 mph. Side impact airbags appear to be the better investment, eh?

I really want to see them test the new Leg GT now considering the facts of the other models. The most fun to drive, all-weather capable, yet still reasonablle vehicle is also likely the safest.

Since they focus on the impact on the B pillar, I would be interested to see how the Legacy fares with the integrated safety ring. I see that the Legacy is a best pick for frontal crash and they have a special note that since the Legacy is being redesigned for 05, they will be testing the redesigned version for side impact.

Archived