LegacyGT.com

Just drove 08 OBXT. Seems slower than my 05...??

I like to trade up every 3 or so years to avoid rust and also enjoy newness. I found that side by side seat of the pants, my 2005XT feels much stronger that the 2008 I drove this weekend. Do you think this is natural variation among cars or is the 2005 a better power curve/ ecu setting? I'm getting the 08 anyway but am I gonna miss the power. My 05 did 14.2 in the 1/4 mile bone stock last year.

Hmmmmm..... makes me wonder about keeping it...I feel like the suspension is a little 'looser' than it used to be and there's more 'rrrr....rrrr...rrrr....rrrr...rrrr' at around 70mph than I ever remember. The tires are fairly new so I don't think it's that. Maybe I could replace a few strategic suspension pieces and get my 'new' car back with all the power of the 2005 intact......

Do you think this is natural variation among cars or is the 2005 a better power curve/ ecu setting?

Did you play with the SI Drive at all? I know that if you drive the 08 in "Intelligent" mode its a lot slower than "Sport" or "Sport Sharp".

According to the dealer and reviews, in "Sport" mode the '08 should perform similar to the '06. Sport Sharp should offer improved performance from that and the Intelligent mode is supposed to offer improved fuel economy, and a smoother ride.

I've got an 08 XT, I traded up from a '98 so huge step up for me. I have no experience with the 05 so I can't give a full, fair comparison.

E

Yeah, I had it in SI. I played around with all three settings. Get this: I bought the car using a 'balloon lease' for $353/month for 39 months. The current lease deals on the 08 will cost me $456/month!!! I can either re-finance the residual on the 05, walk away, or spend $100 more/month for an 08. Also, the techs at service said they thought the 08s were slower due to altered emissions settings......

interesting, i don't know what the ecu changes are, but starting in 07 didn't they go to catless up-pipes for all turbo motors?

also maybe the 08's have the ecu reflash that smooths out the "hesitation" issue so many people have been having with 07's, sounds similar to those who have been reflashed, smoother, but weaker...

5mt or 5eat?

there's new 5eats for 08, right? the lower final drive ratio? or is that only on the new tribecca?

Archived