LegacyGT.com

perrin short ram intake

carman493

on a turbo car with an intercooler, the cold air intake is not a necessity, although a cold air should make some difference, its not as substantial as on a naturally aspirated car...does perrin have one? is it worth the extra expense?

This setup is away from the motor and the exhaust so heat soak is not much of an issue unless it is a hot summer. The area the intake goes to, is large and open and gets plenty of fresh air, or at least I believe it does, why you take out the stock airbox, you will see what I am talking about.

[quote name='fan42025']Would a blowoff valve make sense for an automatic?[/QUOTE] No. Not for a manual either. The Legacy GT already comes with a recirculating blow off valve that functions properly. Why would you need to replace it? If you are simply looking for the psssh sound, you can get an open element intake which will allow you to hear the psssh sound that the stock valve already makes, but is currently muffled by the air box. When you install a blow-off valve that vents metered air to the atmosphere, you will run rich every time the valve vents. This is not good. The proper configuration for a blow-off valve on our car is to recirculate vented air back to the intake. It doesn't make as much noise, but your a/f ratio won't get hosed. -Nick

• 4 weeks later...
I have a GPMoto intake. Its definitely more of a CAI than the Perrin, but it doesn't have a block off plate between the fender where the filter is located and the engine bay. The MAF sensor body and filter are located down in the fender where the stock resonator is on the LGT. Polished aluminum pipe w blue sillicone connectors. If anyone wants pics I can dig them out and post them up on the web. Oh and Kaptan, sounds like you have an intake leak behind the MAF sensor, or the MAF sensor isn't happy for some reason. Check the hose connections, and unplug, then firmly plug the MAF back in. Not too uncommon to see a MAF sensor connector not quite clipped in all the way.

[quote name='XT6Wagon'] Oh and Kaptan, sounds like you have an intake leak behind the MAF sensor, or the MAF sensor isn't happy for some reason. Check the hose connections, and unplug, then firmly plug the MAF back in. Not too uncommon to see a MAF sensor connector not quite clipped in all the way.[/QUOTE]I checked everything and it looked fine. I think it was my mistake - it's probably normal and never noticed. It seems to idle at about 1500rpms only when I first start the engine and it's cold. When the engine is warmed up, it idles normally around 600 rpms. At least I think this is normal:confused:

[quote name='Kaptan']I checked everything and it looked fine. I think it was my mistake - it's probably normal and never noticed. It seems to idle at about 1500rpms only when I first start the engine and it's cold. When the engine is warmed up, it idles normally around 600 rpms. At least I think this is normal:confused:[/QUOTE] The idle numbers are normal. Just watch for a CEL.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived