LegacyGT.com

Cel Ill5

Helfrick

Driving to work today I noticed my trip meter flash ILL5 or 1LLS. No CEL at that time. When I started the car to go home tonight, I saw the CEL light. I did the silencer mod a while back but never disconnected the MAF. Anybody know what this is?

I don't think I'll be humiliated by a recurring CEL. I don't know if the illumination setting has anything to do with it, but I don't feel like it should be showing up when I'm not messing with it. I'll probably have them take a look at the stereo too because it decides to switch to cd whenever it feels like it.

I have to agree, the dealer techs are going to tell you that there's nothing that they can do besides disassemble the knob, put some gum in it and put it back together to keep it from fluttering, or hardwire the circuit. Then they're going to have a hearty laugh at your expense in the back. I would go about the CEL light, though. That's a different story.

[quote name='jedimaster']Helfrick- I've been following this thread- did you hit the dealer over the weekend? I'm sure this is going to be classic![/QUOTE] Haven't had a chance yet. Been overwhelmed with the honey-do list. I will be sure to pass along any embarrassing details when they become available.

• 4 weeks later...
FYI I changed my oil a couple of weeks ago and while I was filling it up I unplugged and replugged the MAF. Since then, no CEL. I must have put some stress on it while I was removing the intake silencer. DOH! The illumination display still does it's thing from time to time, but it doesn't bother me terribly. I guess you guys won't get your embarrassing story after all. Don't worry though. I'm sure to do something stupid in the near future.

Archived