LegacyGT.com

Looks like a black Outback XT for me...

I thought long and hard about it, about the differences between the GT and the Outback, and the fact that I will never even be at 5/10ths in my driving, never mind the 7/10ths that make the GT vs OB differences worth fretting about. I like the Outback styling, particularly the grille, and the lower front bumper/foglamps treatment. I also like the ride height, as will my more diminutive wife. I don't think the 4.44 final is going to be that big of a bother, and should make the OB rather sprightly off the line. The only downside is that I'll have to strip the Dunlop 9000s off the P1s, in favor of some 225-55-17 rubber, but that's no biggie. Nokian WRs will go on the stock Outback wheels. Why black? Because black is the only color in which the Outback looks good, IMHO. I'm geeked to have finally made up my mind. Can't wait to get it. The only thing bothering me is that the only difference between the OBXT and the Legacy GT is power seats standard, and a $1000 more spendy price tag. Oh, well. No short shifter, no aluminum pedals, no nothing except cargo nets and a rail delete (I'm working on my dealer about this one...there has to be a way to make this happen at the factory level). Further, I want one of those aluminum bumper inserts that the 3.0 and Bean models have in the lower section. I notice that while the GT gets 12.4" brakes and 11.4 with vented front and rears, the XT gets 12.2" fronts and 11.4" solid rear rotors. Kevin

July or so, once I can test-drive both the GT and XT. It feels good to make the call. That black OBXT is just too badass-looking, and I love the fender flares on the Outback. Kevin

Kevin, Out of curiosity, will it be a MT or AT Outback XT? Black will be a great color for the OB. I don't particularily like their 2 tone color agency. ...in the meantime, you have plenty of time to change your mind between the Outback and the Legacy... :wink:

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[img]http://www.subdriven.com/gallerytk/generated/Automobiles/Outback/2005/05_outback_051__scaled_600.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.subdriven.com/gallerytk/generated/Automobiles/Outback/2005/05_outback_049__scaled_600.jpg[/img] Mmmmmm... Kevin

Congratulations! If there turns out to be a way to drop the OBXT, I would be all over it. As for the 4.444, there should be no difference at all because the taller tires completely make up for the gearing difference. The nice thing is that you could put shorter race tires on extra wheels and take advantage of the short gearing then. Surely you can shove extra meat under those flares if you want to. 255's?

So you have made up your mmind then kevin? You and I seem to be in the same boat except exact opposites, I have considered the XT as well, but as soon as I had decided on getting the GT you decided to get the XT :lol: The deciding factor will be once I drive them both. The XT is a good looking machine though. You won't be disappointed either way!

[quote name='PPower']Congratulations! If there turns out to be a way to drop the OBXT, I would be all over it. As for the 4.444, there should be no difference at all because the taller tires completely make up for the gearing difference. The nice thing is that you could put shorter race tires on extra wheels and take advantage of the short gearing then. Surely you can shove extra meat under those flares if you want to. 255's?[/quote] No changes, no nothing, except for stock-sized Nokian WRs. No mods, no messing about. That stuff is all out of my system. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='PPower']Congratulations! If there turns out to be a way to drop the OBXT, I would be all over it. As for the 4.444, there should be no difference at all because the taller tires completely make up for the gearing difference. The nice thing is that you could put shorter race tires on extra wheels and take advantage of the short gearing then. Surely you can shove extra meat under those flares if you want to. 255's?[/quote] No changes, no nothing, except for stock-sized Nokian WRs. No mods, no messing about. That stuff is all out of my system. Kevin[/quote] Liar! [PUSHERMAN] it's just an ecu reflash.. c'mon, it will give you another 30 horses! C'MON MAN! [/PUSHERMAN]

As much as I love black, I know I won't be able to keep it clean. My dad, however, washes his cars once a week minimum. Seems like all of his spare time is with a hose, and that is with his white Navigator. As for the changes, I was thinking more about what I would be inclined to do or what would push me over the edge. The OB bumper is so much more flattering than the GT bumper because the additional length is as noticeable.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='PPower']Congratulations! If there turns out to be a way to drop the OBXT, I would be all over it. As for the 4.444, there should be no difference at all because the taller tires completely make up for the gearing difference. The nice thing is that you could put shorter race tires on extra wheels and take advantage of the short gearing then. Surely you can shove extra meat under those flares if you want to. 255's?[/quote] No changes, no nothing, except for stock-sized Nokian WRs. No mods, no messing about. That stuff is all out of my system. Kevin[/quote] Liar! [PUSHERMAN] it's just an ecu reflash.. c'mon, it will give you another 30 horses! C'MON MAN! [/PUSHERMAN][/quote] Naaah. I'm just not into horsepower. I could take somebody for a drive in my WRX, and they would swear the car had more than 227hp, because nothing that scary should have that "little" horsepower. :lol: The Legacy will have plenty of power. IMHO, chasing anything beyond the stock numbers is simply for bragging rights. Performance and more importantly, drivability of the car should be excellent, unlike the WRX, which is something of a bother to putter around town in. When you're on it, things are great, however. I am into brakes and handling, however, but the Legacy already has that taken care of in both parameters. A guy who got to flog a USDM GT says that the handling is excellent, and gets better the faster you're going. Kevin

I'd have to agree and think that the stock car will get you into more trouble than needed on public roads. My brother has a near race M3/4 and it just sucks to ride around in that for daily driving. To get anywhere near its limits will kill you and/or other people on public roads if you screw up. I'm thinking my money might be better spent on buying a separate track/autoX car like a 94 Miata and build that to a race spec over time. But then under that logic, why even get a GT? Nah, gotta get a turbo.

[quote name='gtguy']MT, of course. Friends don't let friends drive automatics. :lol:[/quote] ...I know, I would feel so guilty towards my wife getting a MT... :cry: I am looking for others that are getting the AT and tell me that it's going to be OK to drive the Legacy 5AT in sport mode.

[quote name='SUBE555']You should have figured with Kevin talkin constantly about MT's. :D I'd have to agree with that last comment Kevin![/quote] ...I just have the bad habit to associate Outback with AT and H6. :oops:

• 7 months later...

Archived