LegacyGT.com

New Nokian WR G2

jim1969

thats nice to know. how are their prices?

They quoted me at $175 + tax per tire if I just needed the tires or $203 out of the door (that is mounted, balanced, put on car and old tires taken care of).

Nice place to deal with btw, I only had good experience with them.

EDIT: just looked into my notes and the quote above was actually for WRs. They said WR G2s would be approximately $10-$15 more per tire; but again, they wouldn't have them until the end of year.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 2 weeks later...

Waukegan has WR G2 225/45/17 in stock for $185 shipped.

Hmmm, need a set for LGT #2. Narrowed down choice to:

Dunlop 3D

Nokian RSI

Nokian WR G2

Decisions, decisions...

I would really want to go with something more snow oriented, but I am afraid RSIs might be too marshmallowy.

Dunlop 3D

Nokian RSI

Nokian WR G2

Decisions, decisions...

I would really want to go with something more snow oriented, but I am afraid RSIs might be too marshmallowy.

unclemat, I think RSI are overkill. I drove for 2 years on WRs in Rhode Island which isn't that much better than MA in winter and never felt I need more snow handling power than WRs provide. Plus, WRs are adequate at dry pavements while RSI are, as you said, too soft. IMO, ofcourse.

^ Yeah, that's what I think. I already have set of WRs for LGT #1, so want to try something else. I think I am getting closer to decide on Dunlops 3D. Some comments about poor slush traction worry me though.

^ Yeah, that's what I think. I already have set of WRs for LGT #1, so want to try something else. I think I am getting closer to decide on Dunlops 3D. Some comments about poor slush traction worry me though.

Can't comment on Dunlops yet as I am still waiting for my rims to be shipped :redface: Tires are sitting in the garage though. They are WIDE so I am worried that sluggishness may be coming from there rather than from thread/etc.

Time will tell. A coworker of mine has D2s on his Mini and he's been happy for 2 years now. D3 are supposedly better, at least on theory.

Dunlop 3D

Nokian RSI

Nokian WR G2

Decisions, decisions...

I believe that canola oil (softer) is used in the RSi while petroleum oil (harder) is used in the WR. I have experience with the Hakka 2's (also petroleum based). You might think these are overkill in our regions, but I felt really comfortable and safe on these. I thought the performance was great, although I'm not an aggressive drive (but I am spirited!). Check my other Nokian thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73524

Archived