LegacyGT.com

05 LGT with RUST!!

mcsquish

I couldn't believe it; I opened the hood on my 05 LGT and where the bracket for the hook end of the hood prop rod is attached, the paint had bubbled and rust was coming through. If it's there, where else might I find some? That way when I take in the car I will have all of the trouble places checked. I tried searching, but I really suck at that and found everything from new spoilers to people selling stuff........:stupid:

P1000336.thumb.jpg.8517b17bd9e2a59f454b5628c5100be1.jpg

DSC02332.thumb.jpg.55e79c8dc2407c7407bcba64f13c13c9.jpg

So the latch has a little bit of rust? If I am not mistaken the latch hits the closing mechanism, so paint will scratch off, and it will show signs of rust. This does not mean your car will be a rust bucket. That part will never rust off.

X

---

• 3 weeks later...
Well I received word from my dealership, and SOA said this is NOT covered! Can anyone tell me why rust under the hood would not be covered on a 05 with less than 36K?

RIDICULOUS!!!!

It should be coverred under Subaru BUMPER-TO-BUMPER warranty, not even talking about their 7 year rust crap warranty....

Call SoA

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Thanks for the pics, now I clearly see where it is.

Is this car from a cold climate?

I think you can take that piece out and have it repainted. There may be a possibility that some type of liquid fell on that part and messed up the paint leading to the rust.

X

---

That would be some bullsnip.

No, that'd be typical SOA. :lol:

OP- Fortunately it is under the hood. You could take that piece off, sand it down and prime it up so it doesn't get worse. Very sad its on a 3 year old car though.

If I took my hood off, would it be considered an exterior panel?????:rolleyes:

Fuzzydd, that's what my dealer told me. I may be calling SOA next week.

I took a real close look at the area and it looks like the bracket caused the rust by rubbing, cutting, or somehow going through the paint. My car has been in NW Ohio it's whole life, I wouldn't call it a cold climate. Our past winters have been non-existent.

I may just have to do as Bdubs suggested.:mad:

Archived