LegacyGT.com

Help! bonehead--ran over a curb!

sp

long story short, last night i backed out over a curb and damaged my front bumper. OUCH!! my heart sank when i went out and saw what i have carelessly done.

so i need help. i stopped by seidners collision repair by my house and they said $600 to remold and repaint. i said i'll think about it.

what are my options? there's gotta be a cheaper solution to all this. i can live with few imperfections but just wanted to ask the LGT community how i can fix it with the least amount of dollars.

i appreciate any helpful advice i can get.

bumper.jpg.690318e740ebbc0d3de5b535c5ec5348.jpg

bumper2.jpg.be356d95d737cff17d5248daedaa16c7.jpg

Join the club! This thread might give you some ideas. [url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5481"]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5481[/url]
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Maybe the picture doesn't do the damage justice, but with some time, touch-up paint, sandpaper and GENTLE application of some heat (not necessarily in that order though), I'd think you could get it looking 95% as good as new, and for much less than $600. /bill

[quote name='bbbradley']Maybe the picture doesn't do the damage justice, but with some time, touch-up paint, sandpaper and GENTLE application of some heat (not necessarily in that order though), I'd think you could get it looking 95% as good as new, and for much less than $600. /bill[/QUOTE] Not realy if you look closley you can see some creasing in the bumper, thats why it said for remolding in the orignal post.

[quote name='axis008']How about bondo'ing the crease. That works too, right?[/QUOTE] While you are at it, you could bondo some fender flares! That would be pimp! :lol: j/k, bondo might work on the crease.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

thanks for the help poeple. i think i can live with touch up paint and bondo. does anyone have experience working with those to get the best results? and where can i get them? btw, GoSix i hope all goes well w/your bumper.

Archived