LegacyGT.com

1997 Door panel removal help!

pheonix991

my 98's doors were no problem. the screws that mount the panel to most everything else (2, possibly 3, IDR) were under plastic covers, little circles of plastic separate from the panel.

once you've found and removed these screws (im really sure i had 2) go ahead and stick something, such as a flat screwdriver, in between the plastic part (panel) and your paint (with the door open, at the rear of the door) and gently pry the popits open.

i used a screwdriver on the plastic screw covers as well.

i have pics of everything but i couldnt get them up by tomorrow for you.

hope that helps!

edit- the screws i remember were under the circle peice on the handle and a smaller one where the door pull is (in the cavity)

which reminds me- the small plastic peice that the power windows/locks are on can, and should, be pryed out of the panel before the panel comes all the way off. be careful with those wires and wiggleing the door pull out of the tiny little slot

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

Okay, I got it.

That brush on the inside of the door to guide the window is scratching my window. So, I guess I need to go to a junk yard and try to find some new ones.

maybe the brush is just.. real dirty or something?

it'd be a shame to go out and pry open 2 or 3 windows at a junkyard and not fix it

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

Archived