LegacyGT.com

Not another paint thread!~but this is different

I did a brief search on paint related threads. And as a former 06 owner and Subaru salesman I know the paint sucks. However my car has something I have never seen before, and haven't read about (unless I missed it.)

Anyway I have a 2008 QSM GT. And in the rear driver side door under the side moldings there is what looks to be a door ding. But there is nothing, no ding/dent just a different reflection in the paint and it looks like shit! It's probably about 2"x1" or so. I have another one in the rear quarter panel on the pillar that runs to the roof over the rear quarter glass. This isn't as noticeable so it doesn't bother me. But the one in the door is a bitch! Anyone heard of this before? Are there any solutions. I knew the paint was soft but this is even more dissapointing when I buy a 30k car.

You didn't expect that on 30K car? Not trying to be arrogant, I completely understand your frustration, but how would you feel if you spent close to 50K for the same car and you had the same problems? In Canada, that's how much LGT costs. Right now, LGT is $12,000 (US or CAD, doesn't matter 'cuz value is same) cheaper in US than in CAD. :mad: Plus we pay higher freight, taxes and some other sh!t.

Anyway, take your car to dealer and insist to have it fixed.

Archived