LegacyGT.com

floormats floormats floormats

Colonel Angus

so in anticipation of getting my LGT back from the bodyshop, i'm lookin to get me some gen-u-wine subaru all weather floormats. the dealer sells em for 55 bones. i've checked subaruparts.com and they have it for 41 bucks. tack 14 bucks to S&H, and well, it's 55 bucks. there was another site that i cant recall that had them for 37, plus 9 for S&H. i'm getting to the point where i'm just going to say fark it, get it at the dealer with the 10% off coupon that i have. since i have till at least monday before i get my car back, i obviously have time to think this over. anyone have a subie OEM website that they'd recommend? what are your thoughts? suggestions? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Got mine from the dealer with Subarubucks. They are great at protecting the tan interior, which showed dirt on the floor like crazy, and they do fit nicely. The thing that I don't like about them is that my heel sits in the diagonal rut, and it is a little hard to rotate from gas to brake. Also, this rotation motion cause a loud squeaking when wet. Sounds stupid, I know, but they should have made the portion where the heel sits flat. You might look for another generic brand, if you think this might bother you.

[url]www.1stsubaruparts.com[/url] Best price, and reasonable shipping. They'll take SubaruBucks if you send them in. And if you're going to buy local, don't assume your dealer won't give you a better price. I talked to the parts guy at my dealer, and he says let him know what price I'm getting online, and he can "do something about that". Edit: The price is $37.46, and shipping is $8.95 (including a set of front brake pads (which is $71.16).

[quote name='Unilat']... They showed up quickly, and I got the non-heel-sticking-in-the-daigonal-groove model (aka nhsitdg for simplicity). .....[/QUOTE] I'm jealous. You must have gotten the JDM version. :lol: :lol:

[quote name='rkkwan'][url]www.1stsubaruparts.com[/url] Best price, and reasonable shipping. They'll take SubaruBucks if you send them in. And if you're going to buy local, don't assume your dealer won't give you a better price. I talked to the parts guy at my dealer, and he says let him know what price I'm getting online, and he can "do something about that". Edit: The price is $37.46, and shipping is $8.95 (including a set of front brake pads (which is $71.16).[/QUOTE] that was the website i couldnt remember!!11 thank you!!11

Colonel Angus, not trying to rub it in your face, but I just picked up my all-weather floormats today from the dealership and they look great! It fits nicely over the OEM carpet floormats. You can just place the rubber mats over the carpet ones. $55 isn't too bad of a price for the fit and quality you're going to get.

Would someone please post the part number for these 05 LGT rubber mats? I am trying to figure out if they are the same ones they sell here in Canada for $133.99 (CAD). That's about $109.00 USD - a ridiculous difference in price.

[quote name='myUsername']Colonel Angus, not trying to rub it in your face, but I just picked up my all-weather floormats today from the dealership and they look great! It fits nicely over the OEM carpet floormats. You can just place the rubber mats over the carpet ones. $55 isn't too bad of a price for the fit and quality you're going to get.[/QUOTE] Note that for you big-footed people this is not an option, as your toes will bump into things during shifting. I had that problem until I removed the stock carpet mats. Now everything is fine. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Note that for you big-footed people this is not an option, as your toes will bump into things during shifting. I had that problem until I removed the stock carpet mats. Now everything is fine. Kevin[/QUOTE] OMG!!!!11!!! I can't believe I haven't thought of that yet.....I will be removing the carpet mats tonight. DOH!

[quote name='boris']... Also, this rotation motion cause a loud squeaking when wet...[/QUOTE] Sometimes I do this to annoy my wife. I don't know why, I just can't help myself.

[quote name='RoundBoy']one problem w/ the rubber mats is that my foot tends to push them forward, and the rubber around the hole is torn from the carpet hook. I am thinking soe sort of metal grommet around it to keep it strong[/QUOTE] That's odd - mine haven't budged. I took them out last week to clean them and found the teeth had all dug down to the scalp of the stock carpeting.

I got a set of new style Pants-Saver mats at Costco for about a 3rd of the price of the OEM here in Canada, and they fit very well. They too have large rim on outside to prevent leakage. I have only seen the OEM once, but from what I remember, the Pants-Saver, although not custom fit, provide better coverage than OEM. I also picked up a cheapo set of rubber car mats (flat on the top with dimples on the back side). I cut one of the front mats to fit on the floor hump in the rear so the drippings off my son's boots while in the middle seating position, run down this mat into the tray of the rear pant saver mat. I used another of the cheapo mats to run from under his booster seat to over the edge of the leather seat and it hangs just above the hump, thus protecting the leather seat from salt and dirt from his winter boots. Oh, also gave all the carpet a good dose of ScotchGuard between the switch from OEM carpet to my winter mats.

[quote name='jedimaster']I wonder if Weathertech has a molded set that fits.[/QUOTE] I stopped by the Weathertech warehouse today (Downer's Grove, IL). The one for the Subaru is called W-8, looks like it has been used in previous year Subaru's. My interior is tan, and I wasn't crazy about them. They were too big (the stock driver mat is actually pretty small) and the wrong color tan (too dark). I'll stick with my Subaru all-weathers for now.

Weathertechs don't fit exactly to any vehicle. They're good mats but what I've found was that they give you a mat that's a little too big so that it curls up on the edges. At least this way, your carpet isn't exposed?!?!? I also bought the OEM subaru mats. I looked on ebay and it was selling for $39 plus $15 for shipping. I picked up a set from Planet Subaru for about $40 plus 5% tax. The funny thing is that someone bid $41 for the mats on ebay.

Archived