LegacyGT.com

Headlight bulb Replacement - 2002 Outback Sedan

nvr-enuf

Quick Question - The wife's 2002 outback sedan has one low beam out, both fogs, and funny thing is that the high beams work if you hold the "stick" when driving but the detent won't keep the highs on. She is convinced that if I fix the burned out bulbs that her high beams will work again.

I would like to up grade the bulbs to provide more light, maybe just during the high beams and possibly increase the wattage on the fogs. I am pretty set on keeping the stock low beams to not annoy other drivers.

I found a website that offers 80 watt fogs and 100 watt high beams for $26 per bulb.

I would like to order them today, but the problem is I do not know if the highs and fogs are straight or 90 degree bases. Can anyone confirm the base on the 9005 high beams and 9006 fog light bulbs for a 2002 outback?

I have read a couple of lenghthy threads on upgrading head lights, if anyone has any reasonable suggestion for higher wattage / output bulbs besides HID conversions which I believe are going to run in the hundreds.

Also - when the high beams are on, do the low's turn off? I know the fogs turn off but do the lows turn off as well?

thanks for all your responses.

Scott

What's weird with the car is that the brights work if you pull back (flash to pass) but if you push forward for brights, the detent holds the stick but the brights do not light up.

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions how to identify the problem?

Scott

Archived