LegacyGT.com

Heated Seats Switch between seats

Fraberg

I'm owning a 2005 Legacy/Outback (European Spec) which has somewhat different details from the US spec /LegacyOutbacks.

I'm looking for someone that could tell me the parts number for the Heated Seats Controls between the seats. I like the location of the wsitches in the US spec. cars much better than the ones in the Euro Spec cars (much smaller switches awkwardly located behind the handbrake). Could anybody advice me with a parts number for the US spec controls, and ideally an e-mail to a dealer that I could contact?

I also have metal trim where, at least some of the US spec cars has wood in the dashbord/doors. Does anybodu know if you could replace these?

1799258434_HeatedSeatsSwitch.gif.efcdbb413510fe46bd3fe59c67fcd8da.gif

call wilkins subaru in Glen Burnie MD and see if they can help you with shipping overseas. Ask for Jackie or Robin in the parts department. [url]http://www.wilkins.subaru.com/en_US/frm_index.chtml?pageName=HomePage_1&noc=1&overrideUrl=f_HomePage_1.chtml[/url] Keefe
Keefe

The Limited models with tan interior came with the wood trim. It wasn't enough for me so I added more: [i][url]http://moojohn.com/subaru/woodgrain.jpg[/url][/i] Can you post a pic of your current seat heater controls? I'd like to put something else in my stock location and I'd love to be able to buy different but "still Subaru" switches.

[quote name='Fraberg']I'm owning a 2005 Legacy/Outback (European Spec) which has somewhat different details from the US spec /LegacyOutbacks. I'm looking for someone that could tell me the parts number for the Heated Seats Controls between the seats. I like the location of the wsitches in the US spec. cars much better than the ones in the Euro Spec cars (much smaller switches awkwardly located behind the handbrake). Could anybody advice me with a parts number for the US spec controls, and ideally an e-mail to a dealer that I could contact? I also have metal trim where, at least some of the US spec cars has wood in the dashbord/doors. Does anybodu know if you could replace these?[/QUOTE]Hi Fraberg. I have a part from Europe that I'd like to get, and seeing how you guys drive on the same side of the road as us, perhaps we could order and mail the parts to each other. Drop me a PM or email.

[quote name='John M']The Limited models with tan interior came with the wood trim. It wasn't enough for me so I added more: [i][url]http://moojohn.com/subaru/woodgrain.jpg[/url][/i] Can you post a pic of your current seat heater controls? I'd like to put something else in my stock location and I'd love to be able to buy different but "still Subaru" switches.[/QUOTE] I love wood, but that does at fit at all. Wood does not equal luxury look, but can easily equal cheesy or takcy look.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

As if "1980's boombox silver" is something to be proud of in an interior? It's the "in thing" right now in car interiors but it looks cheap no matter if it's in a Mercedes or a Civic. I don't know why automakers are afraid of black plastic or :eek: black padded vinyl :eek:. That's real rosewood and the adhesive is a new super-thin offering from 3M so the trim doesn't sit above the surface at all. One quick pic (with flash) hardly does it justice but I am much happier with the wood than without.

These are how the European spec cars switches/controls for the heated seats looks like. Very tiny, and I will try to get hod of an US spec. version instead. Only advantage of this euro style placement is that you get an additional small storage compartment for coins etc. where the US spec. cars have their controls for the heated seats.

556763717_Seatswithces.png.c17e972f92d80f991893f0f257aef37e.png

[quote name='Fraberg']These are how the European spec cars switches/controls for the heated seats looks like. Very tiny, and I will try to get hod of an US spec. version instead. Only advantage of this euro style placement is that you get an additional small storage compartment for coins etc. where the US spec. cars have their controls for the heated seats.[/QUOTE] I like the Euro layout better. I don't need the huge switches and would love to have the storage bin.

Archived